FTAB and the post season question.

973 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 2004FIGHTINTXAG
aggiejim70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If we go to the playoffs, NY6, or another bowl game. will the FTAB go and play in the stands, will they be allowed to perform a drill. If they don't perform, will there be another "video drill"?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Warrior 66
Just as during the regular season, there will be no bands, cheerleaders/yell leaders, or pep squads allowed at bowl games or playoff games - at least that is what we have been told thus far.

Once we know exactly what the decision will be, we can then determine options for showcasing the Aggie Band, including possibly showing a video performance of a previous halftime drill.

More to follow. Once we know for certain what the decision is, I will post what we are going to be able to do for the Aggie Band at a Bowl Game or Playoff Game.

Beat the Hell Outta Auburn! AND COVID-19!
aggiejim70
AG
General, thank you for a prompt, courteous on point reply. Trouble is, you told me what I want to know, not what I wanted to hear.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
AmwTx
Would love to see entire Aggie band at either the playoffs or a big bowl game.

PLEASE also consider sending the seniors Class of 21 to represent! These seniors had no final review to wear their boots, fewer march ins and rescheduled games to show off those boots. Then with online classes even fewer opportunities to wear those boots. It would be a real morale booster as well as fantastic PR for the Corps to have all the seniors in their midnights with their senior boots at hopefully the playoffs or at least a bowl game.

Warrior 66
I completely agree with you, AmwTx. It WOULD be great to send the entire Band and many of the seniors from the Class of '21 to attend either a bowl game or a playoff game.

Unfortunately that is NOT our call here at A&M. That decision is made by others - either the conferences or the Playoff/Bowl Committees. We don't get a say in the decision about who will get to attend either bowl games or playoff games other than the teams.

As mentioned earlier, we have already been told that most likely NO bands, cheerleaders, yell leaders, or pep squads will be allowed to attend any of the bowl or playoff games this year. That is not yet confirmed, but would be right in line with what has happened for all away games this season.

Again, once we know for certain who, if anybody except the team will be allowed to attend the playoff/bowl games this year, I will post to all of our social media sites.

Beat the Hell Outta COVID-19!
JABQ04
AG
We made the big time.

2004FIGHTINTXAG
That and the masks on the field (players, coaches, refs, etc...) is just ridiculous.

For example: watching a coach pull his mask down, yell at a player or coach a foot away and then pull his mask back up.

For example: two coaches standing next to each other wearing masks while two others right next to them have theirs off.

For example: the players play with them off then put them back on while on the sideline.

It's quite absurd to watch. Even my eight year old laughs at it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.