Breaks my heart. The military is a risky business

2,260 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dubi
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From the Facebook of Valarie Schmitz, wife of the F-16 pilot lost a few days ago.
Quote:

I wish I could wake up from this nightmare.

Yesterday I woke up early and let my sweet Dave sleep in as long as he could since he would be night flying and would be off to a later start.

Close to noon, as I was working in the office, I hear Dave shout my name from our bedroom. Toby and I enter the bedroom and see Dave all bundled up in bed. He smiled and said, "I just want to be with my family!" My heart melted and I jumped on the bed, snuggled up close to Dave and lay my head on his warm chest, steadily rising with each breath. I could hear his heartbeat. Toby jumped on the bed next to me and we all snuggled for a moment and watched funny animal videos before Dave had to get ready for the day.

We kissed goodbye just like we do every time he leaves for work. He leaned down afterwards and asked Toby for a kiss and Toby gently licked his cheek. I watched Dave walk down the hall in his flight suit, open the front door, and leave. This time he looked back over his shoulder at me and smiled one last time before he shut the door. I didn't know that would be the last time I'd see my husband alive.

Sometime after midnight I awoke to Toby barking loudly at the doorbell ringing. I was so confused. Why is Dave ringing the doorbell? I opened the door and in front of me I see members of his squadron and a chaplain. My heart sank to my stomach. The looks on their faces said it all. I was informed that there was an accident and unfortunately Dave did not make it. In an instant my life had changed forever and my heart shattered into a million pieces. A few hours later I kissed my sweet husband one last time on his cold lips.

Hold your loved ones close. You never know when it might just be the last time you'll see them. Your life can change forever in an instant.

I love you so much, Dave, I always will.
https://www.airforcemag.com/shaw-identifies-pilot-killed-in-f-16-crash/

Hey Nav
AG
Very heartbreaking. The sacrifice by people like 1Lt Schmitz are why can celebrate Independence Day tomorrow.

May he rest in peace and his family be blessed and receive comfort.
UTExan
And 1LT Kage Allen:
Quote:

The young F-15 pilot who was lost when his plane crashed in the North Sea near England Monday was remembered by his family, friends and the Air Force as a loving, kind and faithful husband.

1st Lt. Kenneth "Kage" Allen's wife, Hannah, who he had wed on Feb. 20, mourned her husband in a series of posts on Facebook Monday and Tuesday.

"I feel beyond blessed to have loved him in this life and can't wait to love him for eternity," Hannah wrote on Monday, shortly after she learned he had died after his F-15C crashed in the ocean, following with the hashtag #youaremyforever.
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2020/06/16/i-could-fill-an-ocean-with-the-tears-wife-of-downed-f-15-pilot-mourns-his-loss/
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
CanyonAg77
AG
https://www.facebook.com/SalutefromtheShore

Quote:

Our brothers and sisters from the 20th Fighter Wing and 77th Fighter Squadron send their appreciation for the outpouring of love and support from the community during this time. This week, they lost one of their very best, 1st Lt David Schmitz.

David signed up to serve our country over 11 years ago when he began his career as a C-17 loadmaster. The photos are from the C-17 flyover.

Earning his commission, David then attended pilot training to fly F-16s - the fighter aircraft you see beyond the flag. A combat veteran with 5 deployments and over 1,000 combat hours, David was preparing for his next deployment so he could continue to fight for this country's way of life. David and his family's dedication to the Air Force, and this country, was second to none and his loss is felt by our entire community. To everyone placing red ribbons on their houses, writing letters to his wife, participating in this flyover and honoring David, we thank you.

Today, and everyday, we will Double Down for David #DoubleDownForDavid #salutefromtheshore

Special thanks to Jim Ebert for sharing these photos with us.
dubi
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.