JAG Reserves - Request for Information

1,223 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bufrilla
panag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody here been in or currently in the JAG Reserves? No prior service and considering applying, but trying to get a better sense of deployment and non-deployment job tasks before pulling the trigger. What's a typical day like under each scenario?

I think Army fits the bill since I'm not prior service, but I'd be grateful for members from any branch to chime in.

Thanks!
TexLeoAg
My wife (practicing attorney) looked into doing this about 7-8 years ago. We made the early mistake of speaking with a recruiter. The recruiter offered little to no help and provided no JAG contacts we could speak with. Obviously, I think they are focused (as they should be) on a different demographic. We tried a few different avenues to reach someone with a bit more knowledge, but it was pretty fruitless.

The most helpful thing we did was seek out an area attorney who had many years of prior JAG experience. He was pretty jaded, and the conversation wasn't encouraging.

I was really surprised during the process (of several months) that we never could find a better source/recruiter to speak with. I feel like that would have helped us make a better informed decision.

My wife still regrets not going JAG though.

Good luck with your search.
bufrilla
AG
Go to an Officer Selection Office, local recruiters are not privy to Officer Selection.

Marine Corps Recruiting Command
OSS FORT WORTH 2711 West Berry St Fort Worth, TX 76109 (817) 920-7594
OSS AUSTIN 2025 Guadalupe Ste 136 Austin, TX 78705-5618 (512) 477-5706/5707
OSS HOUSTON 4702 Calhoun Rd Houston, TX77204 (713) 842-3029/57/64
OSS LUBBOCK 1001 University Ave Ste 1015 Lubbock, TX 79041 (806) 747-1933/8112

US Navy Officer Recruiting Station Austin
Austin, TX
(512) 474-4607

US Navy Officer Recruiting
San Antonio, TX
Opens 9AM (210) 823-5432

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.