Tactical Shotgun?

1,713 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
bellasmom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Figured y'all would be the folks to ask. My husband wants a tactical shotgun, and I'm thinking of getting him one for Father's Day. Suggestions?
CanyonAg77
AG
Actually,Outdoors Board would be the best. Gun guys and even a gun store owner post there. Said owner would likely cut you a good deal.
AgBQ-00
AG

Tactical does not mean it has to be black composite. Really like the mossberg 590 retrograde
74OA
AG
Suggest an auto-shotgun is generally better for home defense for most non-professionals.

One less thing to deal with when awakened by a noise at o-dark-thirty and go to investigate with sweaty, shaky hands.

I agree any shotgun is "tactical" with the right load.
bigtruckguy3500
I'm not really a shotgun guy, but I think a pump action is preferred for home defense because even a cheap one is going to be more reliable than a mid-level semi-auto shotgun.

But yeah, outdoor board will be your best bet for more opinions than you probably care for.
CanyonAg77
AG
She didn't specify home defense. If we're going down that path, just let me get it in: AR-15 for home defense.

And thank you for not repeating the fairy tale of scaring a bad guy 'by racking a round".

I have seen some criticism of pump shotguns, in that an inexperienced or nervous owner could 'short-stroke' in a crisis situation, and fail to load a round properly.

In any case, I see the OP has gone to where the answers are:

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3110633

She's buying her a guy a gun, so win/win, regardless of what she buys.

F4GIB71
The other fairy tale is you just point down the hall and let the spread take care of the threat. I learned quickly in my first 3 Gun match the fallacy of this argument.
F4GIB71
UTExan
I don't consider a shotgun really tactical unless it can deliver a horizontal or vertical butt stroke. Same reason I won't take the spike bayonet off my M44 M-N carbine.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Rabid Cougar
AG

MY 10 Gauge Tactical Assault Shotgun Spear with Buck and Ball.

If they survive the initial blast, they are blinded by the powder flash (works really well against NVGs of the well to do intruders) as they are being run through with 18 inches of cold steel. Useful as club and spear too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.