Need Aggie help Col Albert Clymer (Ret)

1,960 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by txag64
txag64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fighting the va system with my 37 years of usar service that will not classify me as a veteran even though I have served in a combat zone
Need Aggie contact info in Washington DC for help
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Gohmert .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
74OA
AG
Have you contacted your state representative/senator's offices?

Their info is on-line and this is the sort of thing their staff routinely help with.
OldFox73
OldFox73
AG
I second getting ahold of fish gohmert
Moy
Congressman Bill Flores '76 (Texas District 17) is big on veteran affairs. As for your classification, if you were activated and served the full term of your active service requirement length period and released on honorable terms, you should qualify.

Post removed:
by user
txag64
U do not understand the VAs golden rule
Since Vietnam, people signed a contract for two years of service with the government. After the two.years was completed they could go home or re-up
They were given a dd214 veterans status and all the benefits
Later if u or the military could not produce two years of dad 214 s u would not b granted a veterans status, period. Usar, national guard adt points do not count even though as the only reservist with the active unit you were deploying and supporting active units in S5-G5 cmo actions and coordination that allowed the units to complete their mission
One of the dd214s I produced for active duty was for eight months serving a combat zone and running and coordinating
Twenty functional areas of their government with experts n each area with years of experience in each field. We were all reservist supporting the UN mission there
I am with a us marine with three years service n Vietnam , the military can not find his correct paper work to qualify him that was also not allowed to go to the veterans home in walsenburg co and had to go to a private placement home for $7500 a month
(This is a separate increadable in itself)
We have almost exhausted all local and congressional efforts. Our only options now is to find someone n congress to help us with needed changes to the VA system of rules and regulations and/or go public with these issues
I doubt that anyone n the VA would sit across a table from either of us and say we were not veterans even though we each served n a combat zone
Tks
COL Albert Clymer (Ret)

CT'97
AG
Have you addressed this recently?
The law changed a few years back to change this and give anybody qualifying for the reserve retirement system or with 180 days of active duty time 'veteran' status .

Guard and Reserve members receive 'Veteran' status
txag64
Where did u get this info??
I need to find it n writing
No one that has helped us mentioned this
Tks al clymer
txag64
Can't tell if this means reservist get all veterans benefits??
I was denied admittance to a veterans facility in walsenburg co even though I produced a dd214 for eight months active service in a combat zone and other dd214s for active service
CT'97
AG
I just remembered the law being changed a while back and did a google search that produced the attached army.mil story.

If you are having trouble with veterans benefits then I would suggest contacting a veterans service organization like the American Legion or Marine Corps League. There are many others but those are two that have very good reputations for helping people navigate the VA system.

American Legion service officers representing Texas
txag64
Thank u
I sent off three faxes this am about the new legislation and boy did I start possible help
Local people helping me did not know about new lesligation but r helping to pin down the facts
Walsenburg va facility is state so the issues may be between fed and state issues
Tks again
Col Clymer
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.