Leavenworth of Starz

2,210 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by n_touch
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone watching this about Lt. Lorance and his murder trial and conviction? Seemed pretty cut and dry over the first three episodes.
PanzerAggie06
AG
I've been meaning to watch this. Is it an unbiased approach to the situation or are the filmmakers attempting to sell on side of the story? The way the Soldiers in his platoon almost universally turned on him is fairly damning but there are aspects of the trial that are troubling.
n_touch
It is leaned a little more to the defense side so far. I am interested in hearing more now that he has been pardoned.
PanzerAggie06
AG
I read a review of the documentary today. The writer was somewhat critical in that the producers suggest several theories as to what took place but make no real effort to validate them other than asking Lorance to speak to the various possibilities of what took place.

One of the criticisms was that Lorance, who is gay, might have been targeted by soldiers in the platoon who found out about his sexuality and targeted him. The writer says they producers of the documentary alluded to this, which would be a big deal if true, and then just quickly moved on without digging deeper into the possibility that this took place.
n_touch
Yea it seems that they have brought that up a few times, but nothing has come from it. I have not seen the last two weeks and will watch them tomorrow to catch up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.