Corps: Thanks from a nonreg

3,753 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BQ88
Post removed:
by user
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CanyonAg77
bco2003
tamc93
bigtruckguy3500
You know, there were a lot of times when I was in the Corps where we thought something was stupid, or pointless, or didn't think certain small changes were a big deal. Then, sometimes, an upperclassmen would gently remind us that there's a reason behind everything.

I think this is a good example of that, and I hope upperclassmen continue to remind younger cadets that there's a reason behind the things we do. It's easy to not see how small changes can change the course of a ship that has been sailing for close to 150 years, and I'm glad you came here both to thank the Corps, as well as to remind it of its responsibilities.
aggieband 83
The Kraken
2004FIGHTINTXAG
AgBQ-00
txaggie_06
sbs
army79
As the son of a WWII Aggie vet, and being an old Ag Former Cadet myself plus being the father of two Former Cadets, it is extremely gratifying to read your note.
The oldest tradition at Texas A&M is the Corps of Cadets and all significant Aggie traditions originated within the Corps.
It was a very special moment the past Saturday when the Corps dressed in their WWII era Class A uniforms formed the Block "T" on Kyle Field at halftime and the entire student body gave them a huge ovation.
In this day and time, I can't think of anywhere else in the world that would have happened.
Thanks again for your appreciation of the Corps and the "Keepers of the Spirit"!
You are a true Aggie! Gig 'em!!
BQ88
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.