Flag Pole - Academic Plaza

2,404 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 74OA
denied
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Second day in a row the flag pole has been empty. Anyone know what is up?
bigtruckguy3500
Sometimes at the beginning of the year the new XO sitting guard duty doesn't read the guardroom SOP and forgets to do things they're supposed to.
denied
Well the outfit yesterday went out to take the flag down. I intercepted them and let them know there was no flag on the pole. I would have figured it would be up today because don't the outfits change out after the flag goes up in the morning?
bigtruckguy3500
Can't remember if they switch out at noon or at 0700. But the cadets and haven't quite mastered proper turnover to their relief, and a decent number really don't care much anyways. Sometimes the flags out front of the systems building aren't even up all the way, are at inconsistent heights, sometimes they put the wrong size flags on the flag poles and don't do anything about it until someone calls in about it.
denied
Day 3 and still no flag.
JABQ04
AG
G-D new Army.
CT'97
AG
Call the Trigon and ask them, maybe there is something wrong with the flag pole that is preventing putting the flags up. Maybe it's something else, maybe someone has been screwing up.
denied
I hate to call and alert them to it. At this point I want to see how long until it goes up; if there is something keeping it from happening I am sure it will come out. I spoke to CTs in the OD on Monday and Tuesday and they seemed oblivious to there not being a flag up. I even ran into the detail Monday evening and told them they could turn around. When they got it confirmed by looking at the pole they did.
Warrior 66
The lanyard on the flag pole in Academic Plaza is broken. The right folks were notified about it on Monday, and we are waiting for it to be fixed. Its not an oversight by cadets. Its an issue with the lanyard, and until its fixed, we can't raise the flag there.
denied
Thank you, Sir.
74OA
AG
Where is Corps staff located these days?

Did it get a purpose-designed staff floor or somesuch when the Quad dorms were renovated?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.