How many fish joined this year?

3,102 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by F4GIB71
Postal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just curious how many freshmen at FOW this year and total Corps strength?
Warrior 66
775 fish thus far, with potential for a few more to show up in the next couple of days. Won't have total Corps strength till first day of class.
Outlaw0206
AG
Looks like 775* joined. General Ramirez posted right before I did!

According to the 2018-2019 State of the the Corps, they had 2,415 cadets last school year still the largest Corps since 1970.

I think 770 is pretty good. Once you consider retention numbers, I'd imagine you finish the year with around 700?

With that said, I'm curious how the retention numbers have looked over the past few years for each individual class. For example, say class of '19 started with 800 fish their freshmen year in '15. How many of those 800 finished this past spring? I'd imagine that is something the commandants office takes a good look at.
Postal
AG
Thanks General, I saw a Facebook post that there were 350 that had checked in, it seemed a little low.

TXAggieMom11
I wish the Corps would report end of year numbers like they used to. The below was the beginning of the year.

"According to the 2018-2019 State of the the Corps, they had 2,415 cadets last school year still the largest Corps since 1970."
ABATTBQ87
AG

Quote:

"According to the 2018-2019 State of the the Corps, they had 2,415 cadets last school year still the largest Corps since 1970."
1970-71 Corps of Cadets made up 20% of undergraduate enrollment

2018-19 Corps of Cadets makes up 4.4% of undergraduate enrollment.
(Lowest % of student enrollment since 2001-02)
Postal
AG
In 1970, women hadn't even been regulars at A&M for a decade. I dare say that in 1970 the percentage of women at A&M was probably less than 30%. Today, I'm sure women account for more than 50% of the school's population.

F4GIB71
In late 60s/early 70s, enrollment was around 14,000 and IIRC there were about 1000 females*. A large percentage of the females* were girls* who started at another school, married an Aggie, and continued their education at A&M. There were no dorms at that time on campus for females*. My senior year they were building the first dorms on campus for females*. Enrollment took off after that.

* this was back when we only had two genders. Of course, today we still only have two genders but there are a lot of additional psychiatric disorders
OldArmy71
AG
Yes, and that damn dorm for women destroyed our playing field for mud football. I still haven't gotten over it.
F4GIB71
OldArmy71 said:

Yes, and that damn dorm for women destroyed our playing field for mud football. I still haven't gotten over it.
You are quite right!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.