Well, That Was Super Awkward...

2,856 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PanzerAggie06
PanzerAggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was just on the subway in DC and accidentally bumped into someone as I was boarding. I look up and who is it? My former BDE commander that was relieved after an absolutely disastrous 12 months in command. I was an A/S3 on his staff and had gotten out of the Army when I was contacted by the team investigating him. It was an interesting discussion.

Needless to say when I bumped into him he didn't have much nice to say. It was rather funny that he reacted in such a childish manner. When I responded to him using his first name it was so enjoyable to see him recoil in horror. And yes, he deserved to be relieved. He was the epitome of the abusive, morale crushing a*****e.
UTExan
Wasn't he the race-baiter you mentioned previously?
If so I am certain he is prospering in DC. Also glad you could actually use the metro when it wasn't shut down for maintenance.
PanzerAggie06
AG
He got busted for race baiting, sexual harassment, and a general toxic atmosphere. I heard from some people "in the know" that the investigation into him was quite quick. Apparently there was a mountain of evidence against him and people were lining up to make statements.
CanyonAg77
AG
Not as awful a person as you had to deal with, but my wife was working on loan from her office to the Houston office in an oil company, finished the work assigned to her, and asked for more. They took a project from a useless guy, and she finished it quickly, too. She then went back to her home office.

A couple of years later, one of wife's friends was at some oil society banquet, and was discussing "where have you worked" with the guy across the table. When she heard that one of his former employers was my wife's company, she asked the guy, "Oh, do you know Mrs. Canyon?"

The guy literally spit out his drink and yelled "She got me fired!" Yes, it was useless guy. And if doing your job for you and showing your bosses you're useless is 'getting you fired', yes, she did.
momlaw
AG
I love your wife.
Wonder if I know this man.
momlaw
CanyonAg77
AG
Depends were you involved in oil exploration back in the 80s?
neutics
AG
Yeah looks like earl is still employed by the Army in the DC area pulling O-6 pay. how is that possible?
Ol Jock 99
AG
This story sounds....familiar.
PanzerAggie06
AG
He apparently has some very high level ranking guardian angels. It's disturbing.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Can you PM? I'm getting an error.
cavscout96
AG
Sounds like a winner....

https://www.army%20times.com/news/your-army/2016/09/14/army-fires-commander-of-bliss-based-1st-bct/
PanzerAggie06
AG
No. Can't PM. Can email if you want.

Rideapanzer@gmail.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.