No jail time for Bergdahl

1,383 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Paladin05
JT05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dishonorable discharge only.
A2Aggie60
AG
This is pure BS.

Out
The Main Thing is to keep The Main Thing The Main Thing
Gunny456
AG
So disrespectable to the men who died.
rwtxag83
AG
Like it or not, people are watching, and expectations are being set. I have no doubt this will have a negative effect on future actions that disillusioned soldiers take. 'If he can get away with it with a slap on the wrist , why can't I.'

Sick. I just DO NOT understand this on any level.
Greater love hath no man than this....
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Highly recommend listening to the podcast. Interview him, his platoon mates, family friends, and even a guy who witnessed his breakdown in Coast Guard Boot Camp.

They also talk about the Rose Garden ceremony and Susan Rice. Basically an incompetent and clueless White House staff.
AGGies0311
No one died looking for him directly...
TThom
Which podcast is this?
74OA
AG
It is astonishing. In order to avoid setting a no-jail-time precedent for such a serious offense, I'd have thought the judge would have at least given him a five-year sentence, then suspended it in light of his five years of captivity and other factors. This wasn't justice, nor was it smart.
JT05
AG
TThom said:

Which podcast is this?
Serial Season 2
Paladin05
AG
74OA said:

It is astonishing. In order to avoid setting a no-jail-time precedent for such a serious offense, I'd have thought the judge would have at least given him a five-year sentence, then suspended it in light of his five years of captivity and other factors. This wasn't justice, nor was it smart.

I don't think military judges have the authority to suspend sentences. That's usually a provision of the pretrial agreement, and there wasn't one in this case. That may have been part of the defense strategy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.