State of the Corps

2,457 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ABATTBQ87
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Annual update from the Commandant.

Edit: Apologies, I thought I had a link from the update email, but apparently I don't. Perhaps someone at the Trigon could assist for those not on the mailing list?
74OA
AG
Too long to post the entire annual update, but here's the section on the Quad renovations:

"The most comprehensive renovation project ever undertaken on the Quad since its initial construction in 1939 is nearing completion! The major renovation will be completed this summer and the entire Corps will be residing in the fully-renovated Quad for the coming school year! The renovation has transformed the Quad into a 21st century living-learning environment for our cadets, including four state-of-the-art Leadership Learning Centers (LLCs), while preserving and enhancing the Quad's historic appearance. A Grand Opening ceremony is set for August 23, 2017.

The design is now completed for the Music Activities Center (MAC), which will be located on Duncan Field at George Bush and Coke Street. The MAC will replace the Adams Band Hall and become the home for the Aggie Band and all of the university's bands, orchestras, and vocal music groups. A new artificial turf drill field for the Aggie Band will be installed on the north side of the MAC. Groundbreaking is set for September 8, 2017 and the facility will be completed prior to the start of the fall 2019 semester.

The Quad Master Plan, Phase II which includes further additions and upgrades to support our growing Corps beyond the current renovation project has been completed and submitted to the university administration for review. This next phase includes: addition of two more LLCs, connecting Dorms 9 & 11 and 10 & 12; a new dorm for the Aggie Band that would increase capacity from 2,600 bed spaces to 3,000; a multi-purpose building to house the Military Property Warehouse and other services for cadets; a new Student Recreation Center located on Bizzell Street that will be easily accessible by cadets and all students residing on the south side of campus; a fully-renovated two-story Duncan Dining Center; and a renovated Trigon."
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Duncan needs to be two stories?
74OA
AG
The Band's new dorm needs to be off-quad?
pingpro4
AG
Because housing the BQs off the quad wouldn't increase the divide between BQs and CTs... Good plan!

Wolfpack '12
Talon 07
Is the turf field already decided? If not, I would advise against it. Flat bottom shoes such as tennis shoes and low quarters are the worst for the turf fibers. You'll start to see the fibers lean over and get brittle with the activity it sees (especially since the band would be stepping in the same spots over and over)

I think your 500k-750k would be better spent elsewhere.
ABATTBQ87
AG
74OA said:

a new dorm for the Aggie Band that would increase capacity from 2,600 bed spaces to 3,000;
I'm all for new dorms for the band since they are going to be displaced from 9 & 11, but understand that the corps will not fill the quad with 3,000 cadets until undergrad enrollment is 60,000+.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.