After your time in the military, could you be a bull?

1,824 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Trident15
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still don't know the income a typical bull makes. But I imagine retirement pay and bull income is pretty nnice....nice enough to deal with cadets.
Dirk Diggler
AG
OOC are all state jobs so the salaries are public
You can look everyone up by name

https://salaries.texastribune.org/texas-am-university/departments/ofc-of-commandant/
champagnepapi
Not bad at all
Trident15
AG
I think most of the CTOs are a bit underpaid. They work long hours, tons of weekends, and have 24 hour duty shifts. It would be a very rewarding job from the standpoint that you have the opportunity to mentor and develop young people on a daily basis, but they put up with a whole lot of BS.

Aggie Infantry
AG
Not with the way the Corps has evolved.
DogCo84
AG
I'm just curious how many of these retired-from AD CTCs are there?

I expected most of the Commandant's staff to be in this AD-retired/State employee category. My memory from the early 1980s however, is that most of the Company-level bulls were AD officers assigned to the Services' PMS/PAS/PNS?

Please note that I have no problem with this concept. It may be more cost-effective and provide seriously experienced cadre to better shape cadets.
Trident15
AG
Each major unit has a CTO that is retired or former military and works for the OOC. Every company has a military advisor which is a member of the ROTC department and doesn't really do much of anything (YMMV but I only met my company's military advisor one time when he came to Duncan for dinner with us- others may have been more involved).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.