Olmos Park missing person

2,261 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by SW AG80
LCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just now seeing this. Suzanne Simpson. Anyone know this couple? Doesn't look good for the husband. Looks like he hid her body
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Our kids go to school with theirs. Tragic all around. The rumor mill is very active so I don't want to speculate.
LCE
AG
Yep, I bet the rumor mill is going crazy.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yeah they were searching the park

Apparently neighbors not surprised by this

Never marry a Simpson or Peterson
04.arch.ag
AG
We live in the area and it's a hot mess with gossip and rumors the past week or so. Don't know them personally but have some shared acquaintances. Feel really bad for the kids youngest of which is in kindergarten.

They had searched olmos basin right by their home and some property out near Boerne.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Dudes in his late 50s and has a kid in Kgarten? How many wives he beaten over the years?
phatbc
MookieBlaylock said:

Dudes in his late 50s and has a kid in Kgarten? How many wives he beaten over the years?
they've been married for over 20 yrs. We also live close by. Super sad.
Rattler12
News piece yesterday had a crew at a landfill looking for her and "authorities" said they were pretty sure they would find her body ???????
LCE
AG
Big backhoe out there digging through trash looking for body.
MookieBlaylock
AG
How the body gets to the landfill? That place nasty
MookieBlaylock
AG
Couple things police are doing shady as hell

2 million bail for misdemeanor charges?
Also the surrendering of his weapons by a family member to the ATF- so the family member remove weapons from his house and gave to the ATF-

That is stealing not surrender

Even if they find her the actions of the PD could get the case tossed
lp01
AG
I've thought the same thing. It's unreasonably high to hold him on a $2m bail for two misdemeanors. I think I read that no one in Bexar County has ever had a bail higher than $3k for those charges. Then family members turning over weapons, ATF holds without charges, etc. All seems like things that a good attorney could beat. We were discussing it the other night and I think he would rather eat the 10 years on an unregistered SBR than cooperate and get life.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I think they thought they would find her sooner and then could just keep him. If he does not confess I don't know how much more they can do except the gun charge. I can't believe scumbags like this exist that won't confess at least for their kids to have closure.
MookieBlaylock
AG
they stole the gun from his house and turned it in to the ATF- how you gonna prove it was his?

they need to let him out, and eventually loose lips will sink his ship- dude clearly has a drinking ad candy problem

Aquin
AG
I have little to no confidence in the Sheriff or the SAPD. But to send cadets out to the landfill was ridiculous. A cadaver dog would have been a better choice. The sheriff admitted his department was not trained to handle a serious crime scene when that woman and her two daughters were killed. He called in the FBI. This thing will be botched badly.
LCE
AG
Agree 100%. They should have called in for help a long time ago. Bulldozer and cadets were their answer?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Now they back to searching Olmos Park

Do not wear a tank top - if you help in the search
LawHall88
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

How the body gets to the landfill? That place nasty
Sounds like the police got the GPS data from his phone and when they saw he went by a landfill they thought "Bingo."
Aquin
AG
Lucky he didn't cruise by the Alamo. Our short little Sheriff would have had it leveled by now.
Burdizzo
AG
Aquin said:

Lucky he didn't cruise by the Alamo. Our short little Sheriff would have had it leveled by now.

He is going to let the fire department find the body them take credit for it
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Probably find it under the cenotaph.
SW AG80
AG
Aquin said:

I have little to no confidence in the Sheriff or the SAPD. But to send cadets out to the landfill was ridiculous. A cadaver dog would have been a better choice. The sheriff admitted his department was not trained to handle a serious crime scene when that woman and her two daughters were killed. He called in the FBI. This thing will be botched badly.
I had this discussion with some San Antonio LE this morning. Apparently there are too many scents in a dump ground for a cadaver dog to do much good. LE did have good reason to believe that her body was in the dump ground but struck out anyway.

I am trying to recall how often, or ever, LE finds a dead body in a dump ground. I don't recall that ever working but maybe it has.

I know I closed my office once, sent everyone home to change clothes and put on boots and we went to a dump grown to look for a baby's body in a neighboring county on a case that originated in my county. Nothing ever found and we had good information that the body had been thrown away.

I remember another case in San Antonio where a friend of mine, who worked for the DA's office at the time, was on tv driving a front end loader in the dump ground looking for a body. They, too, came up with nothing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.