Aggie Estate Attorney

693 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by aviationag
aviationag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a friend in need of an Estate Attorney for a very small estate of her parents. The court is in Edinburgh, Hidalgo Cty.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Brush Country Ag
AG
Mark Commuzie with Jackson Walker there in SA. Great person. Is an estate attorney as well as CPA. Aggie also.
UnderoosAg
AG
Mark was a big help a couple years ago. Didn't end up hiring him because the situation shifted, but he shared some good advice and info. Anyone else could have tried to bilk us out of a good chunk of money, but he was really straight with us
NastyNate
Used Mark a couple years ago based on recommendations from Texags and couldn't have been happier. Spent a lot of time on the phone with him getting advice before we even hired him. Would use him again in a heartbeat.
cowenlaw
AG
The probate judge in Hidalgo County is very particular. When I need something there I use:

Minerva I. Zamora
6521 N. 10th St. | Ste. A
McAllen, Texas 78504
(956) 682-2440
(956) 682-0820 Fax

She's not an Ag but she does good work at a reasonable rate.
f2foxes2001
AG
You really need to find someone in McAllen, preferably board certified and well connected. Probate court judges are very particular and are not favorable to attorneys outside local jurisdiction.
aviationag
AG
Can't tell you all how much I appreciate the recommendations and insight. My friend is in a complicated situation because the attorney that is currently engaged has been communicating with her sister and brother-in-law although she is the executor. In fact, did not provide the first parent's will to her for several months when they finally needed her to swear to the terms of the estate. Appears to have a very big conflict of interest.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.