places to buy wood for cheap?

903 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by rebelag62
aznaggiegirl07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are trying to build a bed frame and are looking for wood to buy- Home Depot and such as a last resort

Maple oak or cherry

Thank you!!!
Rattler12
Alamo Hardwood on Fredericksburg RD at 5 points for surfaced wood.

If you have the ability to surface it yourself Dakota Hardwoods at 4441 Centergate on the NE side of SA.

El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Ask your mom.
FIDO95
AG
I always buy hardwood for may projects at Allen and Allen just north of downtown (Culebra I think). They have always had a good selection of maple (soft and hard) as well has Red Oak. They also have much higher quality graded plywood than you can buy at regular box stores.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Lurker
AG
Rattler12 said:

Alamo Hardwood on Fredericksburg RD at 5 points for surfaced wood.

If you have the ability to surface it yourself Dakota Hardwoods at 4441 Centergate on the NE side of SA.

+1 for this. Dakota definitely lower prices vs. Alamo but have to mill yourself. I'd add Frank Paxton also.
rebelag62
AG
I'll throw another behind Dakota. You can get surfaced from them, 13/16ths I think? I just bought a bunch of maple from there, think I paid about $5/lbft for 8/4.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.