The Rustic closed

2,669 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HumbleAg04
LCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw it locked the doors . Food and service was questionable at times, but still a nice place for a drink and live music. Guessing shutting down 10 and 1604 every other weekend didn't help.
bam02
AG
Yeah that sucks. Pretty cool place. I hate going to a "mall" to go out to eat or to hang out, but it was a cool venue.
LCE
AG
Yea. We would have a few beers, listen to some music then pickup fajitas from Lupe's to go.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
bam02 said:

Yeah that sucks. Pretty cool place. I hate going to a "mall" to go out to eat or to hang out, but it was a cool venue.

Bad location. Needs to be stand alone.
AG
El Hombre Mas Guapo said:

bam02 said:

Bad location. Needs to be stand alone.
Location was ok. Food was expensive and bad. Service was terrible. Bad entertainment, they should have had better concerts.
option short side
AG
LCE said:

Yea. We would have a few beers, listen to some music then pickup fajitas from Lupe's to go.

This was the way
hedge
Didn't they do that with Bigz over on i10. Was called The Well. That place was nothing but shootings and stabbing

inozips
AG
I'd guess more to do with the rent, Lion & Rose is out too but building their own around Leon Springs
InoZips
UnderoosAg
AG
hedge said:

Didn't they do that with Bigz over on 1604. Was called The Well. That place was nothing but shootings and stabbing

Started out pretty good. It was our go to spot for HH fora good while. At some point we noticed a shift in the demographic after about 9. Popped in one Saturday night unexpectedly after dinner elsewhere to have a couple drinks and were surprised by the armed security at the door. After the first parking lot fight and car shenanigans, it went off the rails.

We asked one of our friendly bartenders about it after the first fight. She said they were all told to keep quiet about it but basically it was dumbasses who should have been kicked out, and weren't, so it erupted, and the trend continued.
hedge
You talking about the well or the rustic?
UnderoosAg
AG
The Well
hedge
Yea. The crowd there is rough, looks like they moved to Smoke SkyBar. Girl was killed there on Monday night. Lot of ghetto people in this town
bam02
AG
hedge said:

Yea. The crowd there is rough, looks like they moved to Smoke SkyBar. Girl was killed there on Monday night. Lot of ghetto people in this town

That was horrible, but it does sound like she was killed by stray bullet from somebody at a distance. Not someone from inside the bar. Still puro.
hedge
I've read on Facebook that it was some punk who got turned away at security and shot them pulling onto 37
bam02
AG
Damn. I had not heard anything. Just absolutely sickening.
hedge
Yea I avoid going out and stick to local spots or the Pearl only at this point. Even La Cantera and the quarry have become trash over the years
HumbleAg04
AG
Every time I went to the rustic it was Cartel and hookers making up 60% of the people. I'm good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.