KSAT Cleaning House

1,999 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tony Franklins Other Shoe
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Most of the well known names at KSAT are retiring effective July 1
Guess parent company is cutting costs. No old timers will be left.
bam02
AG
That sucks. I get kind of nostalgic for local news people.

Chris Marou and Dan Rather were staples growing up.
MookieBlaylock
AG
TV news is dead
They aren't renewing many
Jason_Roofer
Just saw this on my news feed. How interesting...just all up and retired...just like that.

But seriously, I don't think I have legitimately watched the 6 or 10 oclock news since 1998. Way too many instantaneous means of getting news.
Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
Whitetail
AG
I can't remember the last time I watched the news either intentionally or unintentionally. Bunch of liars.

Note: Not necessarily the ones reading the prompts, but definitely the writers.
LCE
AG
Wife will turn on KSAT morning news while we get ready for work. Not really missing much.
Burdizzo
AG
I usually watch the weather on Sunday nights to get a plan for the week, but most rest of it is worthless.

Those two anchors on KSAT, Steve Spreister and the woman with big teeth, are a real turn off.

I quit watching KMOL because Don Harris is such a an anti-Aggie dbag.
MookieBlaylock
AG
They were all given contract buyouts

They all had retirement packages as well

Should be interesting
LCE
AG
The weather segment this time of the year is horrible. Instead of taking 10 seconds to say- It's hot everywhere and no chance of rain next 7 days. They show 3 different screens etc w temperatures all over SA like it's really different.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
LCE said:

The weather segment this time of the year is horrible. Instead of taking 10 seconds to say- It's hot everywhere and no chance of rain next 7 days. They show 3 different screens etc w temperatures all over SA like it's really different.
Wait, you don't want to know the exact temperature at Lackland and Hollywood Park? That might be the difference of 101 vs 99.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.