Fiesta Texas - Info Needed

1,408 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AggieArchitect04
UnDisappointedAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Planned a getaway next week with the family. Got two kids under 5. Have tickets to Fiesta Texas and see that the Fright Night event is occurring every evening. On Saturdays, the park opens at noon. Is it a normal park during the day (from noon-5) then switches to the Fright Night in the evening or is some of the Fright Night characters still around during the day? No need to create nightmares if I can help it.

Thanks for any advice or information about Fiesta or Sea World (also visiting).

Willing to hear about food recs as well.
LCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's been years so no help with how it works now, but I would enter Fiesta Texas parking lot coming down
La Cantera Pkwy off 1604. Exiting off 10 at the Rim is always backed up.
LitreBoy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it's more "kid-friendly" during the day. We went last year and as it got dark, the scarier characters started to come out.
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where are y'all staying?

Might help narrow down food recommendations...
UnDisappointedAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Where are y'all staying?

Might help narrow down food recommendations...
Staying outside the rim, across from Fiesta.
UnDisappointedAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LitreBoy said:

I think it's more "kid-friendly" during the day. We went last year and as it got dark, the scarier characters started to come out.
Thank you. That is what I was hoping for.
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If they have Spurs tattoos on the neck they want to chat about Manu
LitreBoy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As far as dining....there are a ton of options in that corridor near I-10 and 1604, Just hop on Yelp.
HumbleAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UnDisappointedAg said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Where are y'all staying?

Might help narrow down food recommendations...
Staying outside the rim, across from Fiesta.


If you drive a F150/250 it will get broken into at any of the hotels around the Courtyard or Garden Inn.

Daytime, nighttime, doesn't matter. Use that hotel for work all the time and have had numerous coworkers hit.
UnDisappointedAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

UnDisappointedAg said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Where are y'all staying?

Might help narrow down food recommendations...
Staying outside the rim, across from Fiesta.


If you drive a F150/250 it will get broken into at any of the hotels around the Courtyard or Garden Inn.

Daytime, nighttime, doesn't matter. Use that hotel for work all the time and have had numerous coworkers hit.


Minivan. Prob too low to get under and grab the catalytic converter and nothing but snack pack wrappers and used car seats inside!
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UnDisappointedAg said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Where are y'all staying?

Might help narrow down food recommendations...
Staying outside the rim, across from Fiesta.
Plenty of options in the Rim but that traffic is a **** show. I hate going over there. Probably less busy at restaurants at La Cantera.

I-10, inside 1604
- Chicken N Pickle (younger crowd)
- Taco Palenque (quick Mexican food; better than taco cabana)
- Magnolia Pancake Haus (excellent breakfast/brunch; expect a wait)
- Alamo Cafe
- Chester's (my favorite burger place)

1604 East
- Willie's Ice House and Grill
- Freetail Brewing Co. (family friendly)
- Paesano's (a little upscale)
- El Mirasol (order 2 chispas and you're good; expect a wait)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.