Traffic

1,541 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Humorous Username
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
San Antonio used to be known as a city with moderate traffic. It has gotten really bad, 410 on the north and west side is a nightmare daily on both the morning and evening drives, 1604 sucks just as bad between Culebra and 281, somehow I-10 has managed to be a breeze. Highway 90 on the west side and close to downtown is awful, and I-35 is and always has been a cluster. We need relief, but I don't think its coming other than 1604 and 35 north of 410 (that project will take 20 years.)
OilFieldIRI
S
Sign of the times...
An L of an Ag
AG
Just wait until they REALLY get going on the Blanco/1604 intersection revision.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Thankfully my commute takes me west in the am and east in the pm on 410, or I would have moved by now. 410 west in the evenings starting at the airport is a cluster!!!
Rattler12
Yesterday we had our first Auction Committee meeting for the 2023 SS and Rodeo down on the coliseum grounds. I'm coming in from Spring Branch in Comal Co and at about 5:15 281 northbound was a parking lot from Hildebrand all the way out to near 1604. No accidents just 5 mph .......maybe
hunterntexas
AG
Take Wurzbach Pkwy over to Thousand Oaks and cut over to I35. Way faster than sitting in that Nakoma to Hildebrand crap on 281.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
An L of an Ag said:

I live close enough to hear them working on that intersection every night. It's going to be rough once that happens.....
bam02
AG
An L of an Ag said:

Anyone know or have a link to what the plans are for this intersection?
NastyNate
You can find it at the link below. You can also find the plans for all other construction projects in and around San Antonio.

https://www.texashighwayman.com/const.shtml
Boban
I miss the 25 minute commute from 281/1604N to Downtown during the pandemic. If I leave anytime after 7, it'll take me an hour and fifteen to get downtown for work, especially now that school is in session.
Bluff Rat
AG
I was driving to 1604 and Galm road which is 26 miles from the house. My new Jobsite is in Wimberley and is 46 miles away and I make it home in the same amount of time in the evening. SA traffic sucks and don't miss going that direction anymore.
Humorous Username
AG
Used to work near 35 and 410, and live near Helotes.

Did that 410 commute for years. It could be absolutely soul crushing sitting near the airport knowing I still had at least 45 minutes just to get home. Working from home during COVID was amazing. Different work location now, and I will never miss having to sit on 410.

When we first moved here 15 years ago, driving down 151 from 1604 to 90 was a breeze on Friday mornings. That didn't last long, and while I haven't had to take that route in years, I'm sure even Fridays on 151 are still a lesson in patience.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.