Where to watch the Ags on Saturday`

1,599 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SAAMC
The Catfish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am staying downtown this weekend (going to REK on Saturday and Sunday night) and looking for a spot to catch the Aggies Saturday. Prefer to walk, but I don't mind taking a short uber if there are better spots outside of downtown.

Staying at the Canopy on the Riverwalk if that matters.
Treman 92
AG
Can't speak for downtown but in our neck of the woods (Alamo Heights) I would recommend The Broadway 5050. It's a bit of a dive but prices are reasonable. Also, because of the 11 AM start time, it's hit or miss on whether or not a lot of Ags will show up.
aggiejim70
AG
The San Antonio A&M Club is hosting a game watch party at Aggie Park. That's the original and real Aggie Park.
6205 West Avenue at Loop 410. About 20 minutes from downtown. North on 281 to 410 west and about four or five exits. West avenue is a marked exit. Alternative is I-10 west to 410 east and take the West Avenue exit. If you're so inclined go across the street and get a couple of cigars at Finck's. Aggie owned and operated.

If you come out I-10, you're going to pass a West Avenue exit. Don't get off there, too many lights on West Avenue.

I'd pass on the 50/50. It will be full of 09er sips and sip wanabees (you'll know 'em when you see them) getting oiled up for their game.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Treman 92
AG
"…getting oiled up for their game"

Hilarious !!!
LCE
AG
Any hotel bar should have it on. Alamo Beer will have it on. Short Uber ride. Decent beer.
aggiejim70
AG
Treman 92 said:

"…getting oiled up for their game"

Hilarious !!!
Just for the record, I'm AHHS class of '66
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Historic season deserves a historic bar, see if the Menger has a TV and they can put it on. If not, walk over to The Esquire. Outside of that, all the rest are just all the rest.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Treman 92
AG
Our kids go to high school at AHHS but I'm originally from the Austin area (Round Rock)…both of my parents graduated from tu and I grew up rooting for Earl Campbell and such
aggiejim70
AG
To make this conversation come full circle, my '95 daughter and '96 son-in-law live in Round Rock. Because of the way the lines are drawn, the grandkids go to Hutto. I'm going to be there Friday, to watch the mighty Hippos.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
MookieBlaylock
AG
if you head to Aggie park be prepared for the halftime nap then Dinner at 3:30

hope you like soup and mashed taters
aggiejim70
AG
THAT'S WRONG

But, just so there's no misunderstanding, go over to the Aggie Park website and get the details.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Theres a Spirit
AG
Mad Murphys Irish Sports Bar on the river walk
SAAMC
Join the San Antonio A&M Club at either The Roo Pub or The Deuce Bar! We'd love to meet you!
More details at https://www.aggiepark.com/article.html?aid=2100.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.