Need a company to sweep a house

1,170 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My girlfriend has gotten messages from her ex where the only way he would know about is if there is a camera or listening device inside her house. What kind of company do you call to do this since if something is found they need to go through the proper procedures for court? I don't live in the area and not sure where to start.

Her ex is not dumb but is crazy, also a kid toucher. He first wife did find a listening device he installed on her computer so this would not be something out of left field for him to do
Scruffy
AG
Add to watch list
MookieBlaylock
AG
i would just call the Spy Shop on 410 and ask what they would charge

shouldn't be too difficult to find
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
At what point does something like this warrant reaching out to the local authorities?
satexas
AG
As an IT professional - Format the PC(s) period.

Go buy a new hard drive, reinstall/install OS on that, put the existing drive as a secondary drive and copy files over.... OR.... simply backup files from existing drive to an USB external drive, format and install a fresh OS, and then copy the files back.

ALSO - change email passwords immediately to something she's never used, and that he can't guess. You may have talked about something, but then she mentioned it in an email, 1+1=2 kinda deal.

Got smarthome? Change that access like yesterday. He could be listening across mounted cameras and such. No, he can't "listen thru alexa".

Just do it, period.
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
satexas
AG
... oh and if he's really a 'kid toucher' as you put it, you need to 100% format PC's.... you never know what he may have on there or put in devious mode.

DO THE FORMAT.
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
GCRanger
AG
As other poster mentioned, change passwords for EVERYTHING. Some other things to try.

Check router for:
- all devices that are connected. You can turn off all your known devices (phones, tablets, computers, tvs, etc.) and see if anything is still connecting that is unexpected. There could be a battery powered or plugged in wifi device listening/watching.
- Open ports that shouldn't be open

Check all outlets to see if anything plugged in that shouldn't be there. Also check in the attic, closets, HVAC, etc.

There are a ton of free network scanning apps available to see what networks are available, what is on your network, bluetooth, etc. It may indicate something out of the ordinary.

Also, check in the car for any devices.

P.U.T.U
AG
I am letting the professionals handle this one
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.