Monoclonal antibody treatment in Boerne area for mom going through chemo

1,082 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tony Franklins Other Shoe
jamotoe1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My mom is in the middle of chemo after a pretty big surgery in early October and both of my parents now have covid. Mom started having symptoms on Saturday and first tested positive on Sunday. Her oncologist can't find somewhere to schedule her for a monoclonal antibody treatment until this coming Sunday.

Any suggestions on other places to look?

I've tried this place https://strac.org/ric and her oncologist is sending a referral to see if we can get a home infusion scheduled, but not sure if it will work out.

She has a worsening cough, sore throat, and lots of mucus. So far her pulse oxygen is doing ok. I'm pretty worried about but, and unfortunately I don't live there.

Any guidance or suggestions for what I should be seeking out for her and when it's better to stay home or go to a hospital.

I cross posted this from the Covid board at someone's suggestion.

Thanks!
AgShaun00
AG
quality urgent care has it, but not sure they have it now. It is still on their website. I also remember a doctor telling me the methodist hospital ER has it. But that was a few months ago. Not sure today, but figure I throw it out there as it is not great info, but a few phones might help you.
loveaTm
AG
I got put on the list yesterday as "Tier 1" (because I have Multiple Sclerosis) and I haven't even gotten an email saying I'm on the list. My doc said there's basically none to be found. I'm so sorry.

Edited to add: if I happen to get a call, I'd gladly let Your mom have the spot but it doesn't seem likely.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Sorry to hear for both of you. Best of luck to get other sources.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.