Contractor Recomendation for Retaining Wall

865 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by scoodogg
Andrewpaul2016
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cross Posted From Home Improvement Board

Hey Ags! I live in San Antonio and am needing to replace a retaining wall. The old wall was built with railroad ties and was much smaller than what I'll need to go back with due to erosion between mine and my neighbors property. In total the project would encompass:

- Putting a new retaining wall in. (approx. 3-4' tall, 110' long)
- Removing soil that's into my property over time.
- Rebuilding fence-line that sits above retaining wall.

I'm thinking I'd like either a wood wall or wall blocks. The kicker is I'm relatively new to San Antonio and don't know any good contractors to look for bids. Does anyone on here have some recommendations of who to reach out to?

**Pictures of Area to Follow**

Thanks and Gig'em,
Andy '16
Andrewpaul2016
Here are some photo's of the area. I'm no expert but believe a retaining wall is necessary along ~85" of the leaning fence-line shown:

Right side of fence-line:

Left side of fence-line:
aggiejim70
AG
Robert Witte @ Prime Source 210 771 7677. He's an Aggie Uncle and will do you a great job at a fair price.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Leggo My Elko
AG
I'm a contractor in SA and that's a bit outside our scope of work. Some of the subs I have that could do it, but I'm hesitant to recommend them because it's out of their wheelhouse plus they are truly subs and let's just say dealing with homeowners is not their strong suit.

Try giving Dubrie Construction a call. He's a general contractor that focuses on Kitchen & Bath, but I know he has experience in retaining walls. He's extremely honest.
https://dubriconstruction.com/
scoodogg
AG
https://randstexas.com/

I've never used them, but I've seen some of their work. They list retaining walls online.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.