Pool service chem treatment recs

963 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgTDub
SanAntoneAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need recommendations for a residential pool service company that does weekly chemical treatment. All we need are the chemicals as I already do the skimming, brushing, emptying the basket, etc.

We have been using Sunray for years and our satisfaction with them continues to wane.

Location is near Callaghan & Vance Jackson.

Thanks in advance!
Whitetail
AG
Since this is texags...I won't answer your question. But will say, do you own chemicals. Super easy with guidance from troublefreepools.com. Water testing, muriatic acid once a week, and chlorine dumped in a couple times a week is not much more time than you're currently doing.
The Lurker
AG
I think you can just take a water sample to a place like Leslie's pool supply and they will test it and tell you exactly what you need.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Try pinch a penny on Blanco

Owner is a straigjt shooter
akaggie05
AG
The Lurker said:

I think you can just take a water sample to a place like Leslie's pool supply and they will test it and tell you exactly what you need.

No. Do not get "pool store'd." Get a good test kit like a Taylor K-2006c and do your own testing. The pool store will try to keep selling you and endless supply of crap you don't need (algaecides, for example), when all you need to so is follow troublefreepool.com. Liquid chlorine and muriatic acid will be all you really ever need.
The Dog Lord
AG
If you don't want to do your own testing, I've used SA Pool Pros. They brought my father-in-law's pool back from a terrible state and took care of it weekly while we tended to other things.
AgTDub
AG
akaggie05 said:

The Lurker said:

No. Do not get "pool store'd." Get a good test kit like a Taylor K-2006c and do your own testing. The pool store will try to keep selling you and endless supply of crap you don't need (algaecides, for example), when all you need to so is follow troublefreepool.com. Liquid chlorine and muriatic acid will be all you really ever need.

This.

Been on the TFP method since firing the pool guy in April. Saved tons of money and only use liquid chlorine and muriatic acid. Both purchased at Home Depot. Should've done that years ago.

eta: I did take the initial samples to Leslies to check CYA because I couldn't get an accurate read on my kit because the level was 600+ thanks to the pool guy exclusively using chlorine pucks and locking the pool up.

Had to drain 2/3 of the water and replace. Again, thanks $189/month pool guy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.