GP suggestions that are taking patients and take Medicare here in S.A.

855 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TomDoss91
TomDoss91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

My M-I-L is having issues with current GP. The office staff are unresponsive and when they do there is a complete lack of professionalism.

Anyone here know of a GP taking patients that also accepts Medicare?

Preferably with an office in North Central/Stone Oak area but a drive to medical center (or equivalent distance) definitely not out of the question in order to find a better situation.
FIDO*98*
AG
Try MedCare Associates. She'll likely see a mid-level most of the time, but I'd rather see their PAs than many MDs I've called on. Don't go to Wellmed. Substandard care all driven by $.

Depending on her financial situation, the best option may be to look into Concierge medicine. Drs Scott and Amy Thomas are great doctors, awesome people, and both are Ags
loveaTm
AG
Interesting! My great aunt lived with us until late 2019 when we finally relented and moved her to private home care at 91 . I took her to lots of Wellmed appointments and they took great care of her. I wonder if It depends on the location?
FIDO*98*
AG
It would depend on the medical treatment needed, not the locations. If she was relatively healthy, no prob. The doctors individually are really great overall. However, they literally get their bonuses cut if their prescription costs and other things like testing creep too high. They are literally incentivized to withhold treatment to save money. It's sick and a perfect example of why we don't want socialIzed medicine. All of the founding physicians left because what it became. Every single one
TomDoss91
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Try MedCare Associates. She'll likely see a mid-level most of the time, but I'd rather see their PAs than many MDs I've called on. Don't go to Wellmed. Substandard care all driven by $.

Depending on her financial situation, the best option may be to look into Concierge medicine. Drs Scott and Amy Thomas are great doctors, awesome people, and both are Ags
Fido*98*

Thanks for the info. I let her know to investigate. Unfortunately, the Concierge option will not work. She is on a "fixed" budget and I can't help as much as I'd like. 2 boys will be heading to college in a couple of years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.