New Braunsfels - One of the Fastest Growing Cities in America

2,801 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Krazykat
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
https://dnyuz.com/2021/08/19/how-a-remote-town-in-texas-became-one-of-americas-fastest-growing-cities/

Hardly call it remote but an interesting article none the less.
p-townag
AG
It's actually spelled, News Braunsfels
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
p-townag said:

There are only 3 s in News Braunsfels
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
as a resident of the last 3 months, I resent the newcomers
texan12
George Strait, Garth Brooks, and Brandi Carlile are the last names I think of when in Gruene Hall.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

We came in May and I can't do the roundabout without saying "freaking tourists" when somebody doesn't know what they're doing.
SW AG80
AG
I have a friend who grew up in NB and still lives there. About 2 weeks ago he told me that 47% of the residents of Comal County have lived in Comal County less than 5 years. Crazy.
AgPT06
AG
I believe this. 10 years ago a majority of my patients were from NB or at least grew up in SA or a nearby hill country town. This last 3 years, and since covid even more so my patients "just moved here" and I would guess 15-20% from out of state. It's game over for small town life. Trying to get my wife to head to Bastrop but she's not on board yet.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
AgPT06 said:

I believe this. 10 years ago a majority of my patients were from NB or at least grew up in SA or a nearby hill country town. This last 3 years, and since covid even more so my patients "just moved here" and I would guess 15-20% from out of state. It's game over for small town life. Trying to get my wife to head to Bastrop but she's not on board yet.

I feel like Bastrop is getting ready to be East Austin in 10 Years time truthfully. It was all over when they took the left turn lane to head to BCS out and made it an actual exit.
AgPT06
AG
Ha I meant Blanco. But Bastrop would work for a short stop. I grew up in the cedar and rocks though so need that to feel at home.
wimberley_ag
Bur it still didn't really help that interchange very much.
Four Seasons Landscaping
It would have helped that interesection tremendously but adding a [url=https://buc-ees.com/][/url]Buc-ees counteracted any improvement was made.
p_bubel
AgPT06 said:

Ha I meant Blanco. But Bastrop would work for a short stop. I grew up in the cedar and rocks though so need that to feel at home.
Kerrville or Comfort. Blanco is too close to Austin for it to last long.
AgCWby90CS
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

p-townag said:

There are only 3 s in News Braunsfels
only one s in New Braunfels.

I've lived in Comal County for 16 years now. Grew up in Fredericksburg which is also growing and changing in recent years but still a smaller area with more German heritage still intact.

29 years ago when I was fresh out of A&M and working in San Antonio, I read an article of how the corridor between San Antonio, Austin and DFW was going to grow for the next 15 years. Many of the offspring of parents who moved to the northeast for industrial jobs would be moving 'home' though they weren't born here. It hasn't stopped but only increased with all those moving from the west coast.
CWby '90
aggiejim70
AG
Somebody please post a picture of the bumper sticker.....

Make New Braunfels Small Again
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Shakes the Clown
Been here 30 years.

Best thing I've ever done.
DargelSkout
AG
Lived there the last 10 years. It just got too dang busy. I was tired of fighting all the traffic. The monthly major wrecks on 35 would basically shut the entire city down with traffic.

Made a killing selling our house this past spring.
AgCat93
AG
New Barnsmells
New Brothels

Nicknames from the past.
fido00
AG
Where are those "New" brothels?
Krazykat
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

We came in May and I can't do the roundabout without saying "freaking tourists" when somebody doesn't know what they're doing.
Krazykat
AG
Wrangler said:

JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.