BIG LEAGUE LIGHTING - SEE YOUR GAME IN A NEW LIGHT!!!

"I have no idea what to do with that"....

I told my wife while cleaning out a closet that held our son's lacrosse gear. We had several helmets, sticks and other pieces of gear that needed to go somewhere else but didn't know if we should go to a resale shop, donate them or what? Our son wanted to hold onto a special helmet and stick but I was clueless as to what to do with it. "You'll figure it out" he said.

Behold the power of conversation and a well-timed Shiner Bock. A few evenings later, my lovely bride and I are sitting in our living room having both of the aforementioned and it was getting darker. As one will do, she reached over and turned on a table lamp. She hates this story but, when she did, literally, the light came on. I looked at the lamp, looked at the lacrosse gear and then back at the lamp. "I wonder if I can turn that into a lamp"? Extreme heavy eye-roll followed by "OK MacGyver". Well, after a couple sketches and a Saturday afternoon in the garage, the first Big League Lighting lamp was done and it still sits in my son's room today. That was about 5,000 lamps ago.

While I still love making lacrosse lamps, I think we can all agree that football is king in Texas. Probably not going out on a limb here when I state the obvious that Texas A&M football sits alone on that throne. While I did not attend A&M (I promise we can still be friends; as a Texas Tech alum I hate burnt orange, too) I have always had a great deal of respect for Texas A&M traditions, be it football, the university, the student body or the alumni network. As a Marine Corps veteran, I have always been impressed by the Corps of Cadets. I am humbled to be working with TexAgs and, by proxy, every single individual that identifies as an Aggie.

So, what is it we do at Big League Lighting? We combine your love of Aggie football and everyone's need to have a lamp or two in the house (seriously, have you ever thought of how many lamps you have in your home) into a functional piece that is perfect for your A&M fan cave, game room or any room. Want to get crazy, put one on your nightstand. Your spouse said it's fine.

We can use your Texas A&M helmet or get one for you and turn into a piece that will no doubt be a conversation starter. Full sized helmets options include a Texas base with a stitched A&M ball that can be removed to get signed or you can display a ball you already own, your choice. We also have full-sized helmets options without the stand and ball as well. Lastly, we can also offer Texas A&M mini helmets that are perfect for the younger fan or for a smaller space. Irrespective of what option you go with, each lamp's light source comes from super-efficient LED lights.

These lamps are perfect for you or as a gift. Have that A&M fan that has every piece of A&M gear you can think of? Get 'em one of these. Have a family member that was a football player? Get us their old gear and we can work some magic with it. Want to get one or two or 12 for your own? No problem. No kidding, we have done entire wedding party gifts where the groom went with the maroon shells and the bride with white. We love working with booster clubs, charitable organizations. Big League Lighting is a licensed crafter for Texas A&M University.

How do you get your Big League Lighting Texas A&M Lamp? Simply click here. Please ensure that you review all the different models available. If you want to order one of each, we will not protest. As each lamp is custom made, please allow up to three weeks from the time of your order until delivery. Shipping available in lower 48 United States. Going world-wide? Give us a call and we can figure it out. While football is our number one product line, we also do baseball, lacrosse, hockey and some freakin' awesome firefighter lamps.

Looking forward to getting down to College Station this fall for several games and being part of the TexAgs Tailgate Events. Thanks for all your support.