Blown in insulation

1,044 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tony Franklins Other Shoe
p_bubel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Time to bite the bullet at the shack, does anyone have a blown in insulation contractor they recommend?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
p_bubel said:

Time to bite the bullet at the shack, does anyone have a blown in insulation contractor they recommend?
No, but I looked at the equipment for rent at Home Depot and getting a pallet of bundle packs delivered as a DIY project. It looks fairly simple after watching a couple of videos on line if your attic sets up right. Fortunately, mine is high enough pitch that I can easily walk down the middle spine and spray both ways.

I'm giving it some serious consideration this fall/winter.

Do you have a go to AC guy you used that might have a recommendation or two? Jason at Infinity Roofing really helped me out diagnosing a potential water leak, he's a great guy and Ag, maybe he might have some contacts.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
We just moved into the New Braunfels area recently and are also looking at adding some insulation to our attic, so I'd love to see some recommendations as well.

Our attic isn't very DIY friendly - fairly low pitch and no really decking or walk way for much of it.
one thumb 81
AG
We have used IBP in San Antonio for both commercial and residential jobs. They always did a good job and were competitively priced.
p_bubel
Thanks y'all!

It's really not cost effective to DYI this one. I have a company coming out on Tuesday (texted to me due to this thread) to blow it in. $550. Texas Shield. It's an easy install on my place.

I'm going from a R0 to R38, at least in the attic. I guess I need to finish working up there this weekend. Blech.
AG
550 for roughly how much sq footage? That includes materials?

Just trying to gauge DIY versus my innate laziness.
p_bubel
1100 sf.

The height in the attic is 12', easy access, no roof rafters to deal with and no previous insulation in the way. There's a CPS rebate of roughly $300-350 too, so this is a no brainer. Unfortunately it will make the final wiring of the kitchen more of a PITA, but I need to get this done now. My poor HVAC has had a rough 4 or 5 years of it.
AG
You better get your ass up in that attic by 6 am and get that wiring done pronto before the heat hits.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.