HVAC Install Rec?

1,247 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rattler12
Pendragon12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a leaking coil on an 18 year old unit. I got a quote to replace the coil for $3800. The quotes I'm getting for a new 2 ton Trane system are $7900-$8900 (some are higher but it's not my main AC unit so I don't feel the need to have ultra quiet, etc). I want a second quote at least for both a coil replacement and a new unit. Any contractor recs? Much appreciated!
Burdizzo
AG
I used a guy named Bob Carifree with Climate Express out of New Braunfels. He was the friend of a friend and was just starting his own company. Quick and reasonably priced. Came to Alamo Heights 830-302-7401

My experience with a unit your age is that replacing the coils will be just a band aid, and you will be spending another couple grand in another few years.
Pendragon12
AG
Yeah that's kind of what I'm figuring too. I could be selling next year, so part of me is wondering what makes most sense. But for a delta of $4kish, it's hard to say no to a new unit. Especially because my main unit is also 18 years old and if it goes at least I'd have a reliably second unit.
bam02
AG
New unit would be a selling point vs a repaired unit if you do sell.
The Lurker
AG
David at Tex Star 210-728-1133. Used him three times now. He just replaced a 5 ton unit for me for $5,800 which was $1,800 less then the second best quote. He just charges labor, no upcharge on the equipment. He also does the work at Aggie Park and sponsors Club events.
Pendragon12
AG
Thanks. I'll give him a call!

Is this Texas Star Heating and Cooling?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Have used Jeff for years to sometimes get by and sometimes totally replace.

https://www.jcfixmyac.com/
Rattler12
Mr. Erwin HVAC Services....210-349-4081. Butch Lehman does excellent work and is very reasonable...and most of all is honest.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.