Lone Star Complex Development

2,657 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bluff Rat
azul_rain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
will be interesting to see if this comes to fruition. Curious how it will compete with the Pearl and La Cantera

https://rejournals.com/developers-announce-redevelopment-of-lone-star-brewery-site-in-san-antonio/
p_bubel
Graystreet is legit. I'm pleased they were the ones to finally get that sucker out of the hands of the last outfit.

I expect a similar development to The Pearl at least in appearance, but with more chains and "lower end" stores. Which is just fine with me. I'm tired of the eyesore.

Newell/CMC recycling's lease is up or nearing the end, I think, which will help the area immediately.
(Wouldn't surprise me if winds up on some superfund list shortly after words)
BigfootYancey
AG
Hoping for the best. The phased approach is good and mirrors what was done at Pearl, especially with the food/drink focus for probably cheaper rent in Phase I. What is curious to me the amount of office space in the first phase, especially in the current climate.

Here is their website https://www.lonestardistrictsa.com/

I am just hoping it is done well and I think Midway/Graystreet know the value in that. I always hoped it would be a site for a baseball stadium so I could bike/walk over any night of the week.
azul_rain
Sucks that it will be chain restaurant and retail
Hendrix
AG
Gray street is not legit. They have to bring in a mixed use development partner. They have HNW Mexicans and friends and family money. Very little experience. It will never get close to what the Pearl has and will accomplish.
azul_rain
Yea I've heard a lot of iffy thing about them. Hopefully the other developer will pull thru
Sports-Ag
AG
I will believe it when it's complete. This is what, the third or fourth time a contractor has come and said they will make it like the pearl.
Hendrix
AG
And graystreet bailed on the Pearl east land they owned. Or are trying to. They partnered with a great developer out of Houston on that and just punted. They are not developers. Just capital. Just a small shop with big Mexican/HNW money that will probably screw it up. The Pearl kicks tenants out if they're not performing well or part of creating that home grown atmosphere. Lone star is out of the way and will be a commercialized development with national tenants. I'm sure you'll be able to get a Starbucks and chain food.
azul_rain
So basically the Pearl but for lolpoors
Hendrix
AG
I wouldn't even compare it to the Pearl. Will just be another big mixed use development in an Inferior location. Nothing is comparable to the Pearl.
azul_rain
True, disappoint at the least
Sports-Ag
AG
Lone Star Brewery Fire

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/04/25/san-antonio-fire-chief-calls-fire-at-lone-star-brewery-suspicious-full-investigation-to-follow/
azul_rain
lol
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Hendrix
AG
That development is cursed.
Bluff Rat
AG
They had on the news last night that even after the fire the developer is still going to push through with the project.
azul_rain
How much is developer getting in insurance ?
Hendrix
AG
They should have held onto pearl east. Better dirt. Maybe this is good news for them? haha.
BigfootYancey
AG
The building that caught on fire was one of the 2 story buildings, already a teardown. If the fire had spread to other buildings they would have had to reset.

You guys are brutal lol. Were you ever around the pearl before it was redeveloped? It was a pretty POS area. This is a great site. Would be better if they also had the 9+ acres with highway visibility for sale due south. I think it is also superior to the pearl east site other than the environmental remediation. If you haven't noticed leasing hasn't exactly been hot at pearl..

Anyway I'm sure it won't be to the same level as pearl but if is a good site for mixed use development. Yeah it's not river oaks but people like different types of ***** I live on S. Flores St. and I could live wherever I want.
Hendrix
AG
I watched the pearl from the beginning and I know gray street among others locally. Leasing not hot at the pearl? You serious? I can write a small book on the history of the pearl from an environmental disaster to what it is today. I've been a broker here a long time and have done a lot of business in both areas.
Hendrix
AG
One thing I'll say good is they're about to make a nice pop on the pearl east land. They sat through the leaseback.
Bluff Rat
AG
Did they say on the news that La Gloria was going to sell to the developers at the Pearl or am I dreaming that.
azul_rain
Link ?
p_bubel
Bluff Rat said:

Did they say on the news that La Gloria was going to sell to the developers at the Pearl or am I dreaming that.
They lease from the Pearl and that lease is ending. It sounds like they might try something new in the space.

Link
Bluff Rat
AG
p_bubel said:

Bluff Rat said:

They lease from the Pearl and that lease is ending. It sounds like they might try something new in the space.

Link
Thanks for the information, I thought I saw something along those lines.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.