BCAD Values Posted

2,899 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Lurker
The Lurker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2021 values posted online. https://bcad.org/
Pendragon12
AG
BCAD is insane. Any Realtors open to pulling some comps for me to protest?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Pendragon12 said:

Texas property taxes are insane. Any Realtors open to pulling some comps for me to protest?
FIFY
p_bubel
Pendragon12 said:

BCAD is insane. Any Realtors open to pulling some comps for me to protest?
I appraise real estate for a living, 95% of the time the BCAD value is below market value.

You need to demonstrate to the BCAD that this house is "below average in condition" for the neighborhood. Send them photos of deferred maintenance, lack of updates or repair bills.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
So in my hood, this is the second year my land value increased and it is nearly half of the overall increase. Looks fairly consistent with all the houses on my street. Prior three years was no increase.
p_bubel
Mine only went up $1,000, which is relief. I guess I did the exterior paint job after they took a look at my place. I get a reprieve this year.
AG
I have to pull out my pictures of my stained ceiling in the closet where we had a roof leak and my deck that needs repair. Get some numbers and try to reduce some of my $24K increase.
Hendrix
AG
didn't hit my home or investments that bad. One I might protest. Last year was much worse.
The Lurker
AG
Roughly 5% increase here in Shavano Park but seeing lots of neighbors and friends with 10% max increase.

I think new state law prevents county from increasing 3.5% total among combined properties. I'm curious what areas went down/stayed the same to offset others getting the 10% increase so the average gets to 3.5%?

Maybe commercial properties had a decrease?
SA68AG
AG
The BCAD values are low in my area. My next door neighbor just sold his house for $250,000 more than the latest BCAD appraisal.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
6.6% increase here near 1604 & 281.
NastyNate
7.5% here in Timberwood Park. I protest every year and have had varying degrees of success every year. Hope this year is no different.
Burdizzo
AG
SA68AG said:

The BCAD values are low in my area. My next door neighbor just sold his house for $250,000 more than the latest BCAD appraisal.

That means you are about to get hosed.
datwin9
AG
10% increase here at Hollyhock & Babcock
AG
Mine was 6% in Mission Ridge.
mike073
AG
7.48% near the airport
Gig 'em Aggies!

Pendragon12
AG
Mine has been 10% every year, along blanco/bitters. Based on my attempts to refinance my house recently and some recent sales in my neighborhood, BCAD seems to be ahead of or right at market value on my home every year.
bam02
AG
7.5% in Deerfield. It's almost to the dollar of what we paid for it last September.
lp01
AG
Went back in and looked at it. Average on my street in Northwood was 6%. We got 15%. Paperwork came in the mail today.
LCE
AG
I'm close to you. 12% jump
BoozerRed78
AG
$10K increase over last year.
88planoAg
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

I have to pull out my pictures of my stained ceiling in the closet where we had a roof leak and my deck that needs repair. Get some numbers and try to reduce some of my $24K increase.
We've done that successfully the past 2 years but this year our land went up almost 30k.
The Dog Lord
AG
We're just south of Shavano Park, and ours shows "improvements" decreased by $6,830 and land increased by $3,900 for a net decrease of $2,930.

Improvements jumped by $29,500 from 2019 to 2020 though. What they have now is a little higher than we are thinking we will get for the place, but we will see what happens when we list it soon.
GCRanger
AG
15% in Northwood.
TX AG 88
AG
Moved out of Deerfield in September, buyer's valuation is $30k+ over what they paid us.
Burdizzo
AG
GCRanger said:

15% in Northwood.

I must live in Bizarro Universe. I am in Terrell Heights, and ours went down $5k
AG
5 minute call today. BCAD said they had 8 solid comps in the area, asked why I thought mine was below value. I talked very briefly about deck repair, roof and ceiling leak issue (since been fixed) both impacting value due to repairs.

They had me at 425+, I countered 413. He "crunched his numbers" and said 420 was the range due to recent sales data but he could go as low as 415. I said I was fine with that since my lot value increase was as much as my improvements increase. He sent over the electronic summary report and I turned it right back around. Very quick and easy, no pictures needed.
The Lurker
AG
Was shocked at my results. BCAD only increased my value 5% while my neighbors were closer to 10%. I still protested and BCAD ended up lowering it to basically where it was last year. Curious if others had success lowering their values?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.