Sod and sprinkler system installer recommendation

1,027 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DargelSkout
96AgGrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

My mom is living in NW San Antonio, and is looking for a landscaper that could tear out the grass/weeds in her yard and replace it with sod, while also installing a sprinkler system to make watering less of a chore (she just turned 83).

I've searched this forum and there seems to be plenty of sprinkler recommendations, but it seemed important to my mom that one company do both the sod and the sprinkler system.

Does anyone have such a company in mind that they would trust to work with their parents?

Thanks!
NastyNate
If you have browsed the board then you have probably seen Art Perez mentioned for sprinkler service. I used him based off of a recommendation on here and he is awesome. As many have said, he is very very tough to get ahold of. Once you become a customer he will always call you back quickly. My dad just used him and it took forever to get a call back but the work was outstanding and price was 1/3 of what he was expecting.

My dad also uses a landscaping guy that will be laying some sod for him in a few weeks. I can report back on that but he has been very happy with his work so far on other projects. The guy works alone and is a firefighter out of new Braunfels and the landscaping is his 2nd job.

I know you asked for a reference that will do both but if you strike out on that, Art is great for sprinklers and I can post back once the landscape guy he does the sod project. My dad is a hard guy to please so if he has been happy with the quality of the job and pricing, I feel comfortable recommending both.
96AgGrad
AG
Thank You
Aquin
AG
Art Perez is the guy for sprinkler work.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Can I get the NB guys contact info?
NastyNate
As luck would have it, he has been flaking out lately on my dad. Almost the day after I wrote my recommendation above. Let me check back to see if he has finally received a response.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Well that sucks. If anyone knows someone that does lawn aeration in NB I would love a rec
DargelSkout
AG
Beckdiesel03 said:

Well that sucks. If anyone knows someone that does lawn aeration in NB I would love a rec

You can rent a lawn aerator from Home Depot for about $60-80 a day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.