Get Ready for Roofers!

2,242 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by OldArmy71
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought I'd throw out a quick note. I'm watching the hail season kick off from my front porch in Rio Medina and all of my roofing weather accounts start going off. Looks like San Marcos and spring branch got some stout hail. I'll post a pic of the hail map if there are any weather nerds like myself that care. Anyway, most areas got pea sized hail and bigger so you can go ahead and prepare your front door for an onslaught of roofers, many of whom got in the business today. I'll dig up a post I had a while back on weeding out companies later today because it seemed to useful for a lot of folks.
p_bubel
BrazosDog02 said:

Thought I'd throw out a quick note. I'm watching the hail season kick off from my front porch in Rio Medina and all of my roofing weather accounts start going off. Looks like San Marcos and spring branch got some stout hail. I'll post a pic of the hail map if there are any weather nerds like myself that care. Anyway, most areas got pea sized hail and bigger so you can go ahead and prepare your front door for an onslaught of roofers, many of whom got in the business today. I'll dig up a post I had a while back on weeding out companies later today because it seemed to useful for a lot of folks.
I'm headed to Diversion Lake this weekend, did y'all get a decent amount of rain out that way last night?
BrazosDog02
AG
p_bubel said:

BrazosDog02 said:

I'm headed to Diversion Lake this weekend, did y'all get a decent amount of rain out that way last night?

I picked up 1/2" of rain in my official gauge last night. Pretty impressive pea sized hail, some wind. The storm dumped a lot of rain in a short time. Unfortunately for my pasture, it was here and gone in less than 30 minutes. My garden shows the signs of rain, but in an hour or two, it'll be dry.

I'm in roofing so I was glued to my radar, around San Marcos, Boerne, Canyon Lake, there was a large pocket of heavy rain and nasty hail, but around here, just a quick storm. It should have nearly no effect on anything where you are headed.
p_bubel
Thanks, Brazos.
BrazosDog02
AG
p_bubel said:

Thanks, Brazos.
Well? How was it?
p_bubel
The level was great, but I think that was due to current irrigation requirements. Cold, damn cold though

My dog is a real weirdo.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
p_bubel said:

The level was great, but I think that was due to current irrigation requirements. Cold, damn cold though

My dog is a real weirdo.

I hope the Tecate was his and not the bud lite.
BrazosDog02
AG
p_bubel said:

My dog is a real weirdo.

Damn...that looks alright to me. Too much rain is not a problem we typically have.
p_bubel
BrazosDog02 said:

p_bubel said:

My dog is a real weirdo.

Damn...that looks alright to me.
Yeah, I was born into the wrong family. The place is pretty special, especially up by the dam.
OldArmy71
AG
I think I have a leak in my roof in NW San Antonio.

Recommendations for a roofer to find leak and repair?

Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.