Daycare Recommendations

1,340 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agdoc2001
IceAg22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I are expecting our first in August. Looking for some recommendations for daycares on the northside. We live/work around the 281/1604 interchange. Interested in hearing any and all experiences with places in the area. Thanks!
Bluff Rat
AG
Our little one was at Children's Lighthouse off of Blanco and Wilderness Oak from about 10 weeks until about 2 years old. The only reason we left is because I got a new job and was out of the way for both of us. The director and staff did a good job taking care of our little one and communication between the daycare and the parents was very good. The cost wasn't to bad compared to others in the area but of course you might look around and go visit some now so you can find one you like and get on the waiting list. Hope this helps.

Also, congrats on the little one.
IceAg22
AG
Thanks for the info! My wife's office is close to that location. I'll add it to our list.
BBGigem
AG
It has been a long time (oldest is graduating high school this year) but our kids were at Concordia Lutheran daycare. 1604 @ Huebner. They incorporated a curriculum that I felt help our kids when they began school. Will say it was on the higher price end of things at that time. Very happy with them.
aggiemeg06
AG
Congratulations! We send both our kiddos to Primrose (5 y/o and 3 y/o) who have been there since they were infants. I also have friends who send their kids to Pineapple School (Spanish Immersion). They both have a couple of locations near where you guys live. Also, they usually have long waitlists, so I'd call as soon as you can to see what it looks like.

I'm sure you've heard this already, but if you both work "corporate" jobs, be sure to look at the school's vacation schedule and whether it follows school holidays or a more corporate schedule. I have many friends/co-workers who have to find care during holidays (a week at T-giving, 2 weeks at Christmas, Summers, etc.) because their kids are out of school but they still have to work.
Mr. Random
2nd the recommend for lighthouse off of blanco
Our 5 year old loves all the teachers and going to school everyday.
Our 1 year old gets all the attention he needs and more
The teachers, facilities and curriculum are best we have experienced.
IceAg22
AG
Thanks! I appreciate the info.

The wife and I both have corporate jobs. She is an attorney and I am in sales for both San Antonio and Austin.
Both offices have adapted pretty well with letting people work from home if need be and both are very family friendly. That being said, holiday schedule is something important for us to consider.
agdoc2001
AG
We were happy with Country Home. It's go a waterpark and a 50s style soda shop which is pretty cool. Did lots of field trips to keep things interesting.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.