Grass

1,278 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag86Hotard109
Bluff Rat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just checking if there are any Turf Grass Management majors on here. Want to know if my Bermuda was okay in the low temperatures or should I expect it to be dead.
southernboy1
AG
I am not turf grass expert. I have turf tuff that got knocked back hard. I'm leaving it as is.
southernboy1
AG
Sorry for the miss. Tiftuf is what I wanted to text.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Bluff Rat said:

Just checking if there are any Turf Grass Management majors on here. Want to know if my Bermuda was okay in the low temperatures or should I expect it to be dead.
Check out the Golf board, there are a couple of guys that posted on the Cover the Greens thread. I think the opinion is....depends. The snow layer really wasn't that bad in some cases, acted like a blanket. You should start to see some greening up soon with the temps, mostly on the south and west sides that get more sun and warmer.

I don't think you can make a decision yet until we see some rebound. I'm not touching my citrus trees until I see some new growth and see what I can prune away and what I keep.
Bluff Rat
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Bluff Rat said:

Check out the Golf board, there are a couple of guys that posted on the Cover the Greens thread. I think the opinion is....depends. The snow layer really wasn't that bad in some cases, acted like a blanket. You should start to see some greening up soon with the temps, mostly on the south and west sides that get more sun and warmer.

I don't think you can make a decision yet until we see some rebound. I'm not touching my citrus trees until I see some new growth and see what I can prune away and what I keep.
Thanks for the information, I will go check out that post. My plan was to wait like you stated but was just curious if the temperatures did damage. My lime tree looks like it is done but I'm going to water it like crazy and see if I can perform a miracle.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I think my backyard St. Augustine is TOAST. My front yard seems fine. The backyard was already on the struggle bus from TARR, and just heavy dog and kid traffic. I have been wanting an excuse to rip it all out for something that can handle the traffic better and not be such a water hog, but financially, replacing it is not in the cards right now.
MookieBlaylock
AG
My Johnson is the pertiest in the neighborhood
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Both my lime and lemon would have been Ok, just burned, if we didn't lose power for so long. Lemon will likely make it, lime not so much. Already hit it with 15 gallons of snow melt water and fighting the urge to look at it 3 times a day for growth. Seems like the St Augustine has pretty green runners deep so I think it will come back completely other than some really thin areas.

I'm in Mission Ridge so I already had some weak spots due to thin soil I was going to work on in the spring anyway. I think Bermuda will bounce back pretty well too.

I'm not going to comment on anyone's Johnson, I already have sexual harassment and diversity training scheduled for next week and don't need any outside issues following me in.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

My Johnson is the pertiest in the neighborhood

Please dont post pics....none of us want to see your Johnson.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.