Boot Repair

1,953 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgCWby90CS
The Lurker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for boot repair? I've been going to Cobblestone Shoe Hospital at Blanco/West but seems like every 12 months like clockwork the soles fall apart.
AgCWby90CS
AG
Herb's Boot & Shoe Repair
4922 Rigsby Ave
San Antonio, TX 78222

They've done a good job in the past but lately I've been going to

Smiley's Leather & Shoe Fix it
880 S Business IH 35
New Braunfels, TX 78130
CWby '90
F4GIB71
We've used Smiley in NB as well.
F4GIB71
BrazosBull
AG
I have had the same experience with Cobblestone. No more of that for me. I am interested in this thread too
aggiejim70
AG
AgCWby90CS said:

Herb's Boot & Shoe Repair
4922 Rigsby Ave
San Antonio, TX 78222

They've done a good job in the past but lately I've been going to

Smiley's Leather & Shoe Fix it
880 S Business IH 35
New Braunfels, TX 78130
If you're going to the southside anyway, don't overlook Little's Boots 110 Division.

Herb's will treat you right. I did lots of business with Herb. I was his customer and he was mine as well. He went to the last round-up years ago, but his people have carried on his good name and work.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
AgCWby90CS
AG
BrazosBull said:

I have had the same experience with Cobblestone. No more of that for me. I am interested in this thread too
Melvin?
CWby '90
Shakes the Clown
F4GIB71 said:

We've used Smiley in NB as well.
Ditto!

Nice guy and did an amazing job.
bam02
AG
So did that used to be Herb's Hat Shop or was there always a separate boot repair business?
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
bam02 said:

So did that used to be Herb's Hat Shop or was there always a separate boot repair business?
It's still a hat shop, but they do boot repair there as well. I've taken boots to them before and would recommend without hesitation.
AgCWby90CS
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard said:

bam02 said:

It's still a hat shop, but they do boot repair there as well. I've taken boots to them before and would recommend without hesitation.
ditto,

I go to Smiley's now because it's easier with living in New Braunfels.
CWby '90
aggiejim70
AG
bam02 said:

As mentioned earlier, I knew Herb. He started out somewhere either side of 1980 during the Urban Cowboy era when everybody wanted to look like J.R. Ewing. He had a little shop at Rigsby and W. W. White before moving to the current location. Over time they added the boot and shoe repair, which prompted the name change.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Little's will only work on their own boots. They will not work on other brands.
aggiejim70
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Little's will only work on their own boots. They will not work on other brands.
True that, but if you're heading to the southside anyway, Little's is worth a look see. If you have several hundred dollars to spend, and a few months to wait on them, they''ll make you a hell of a pair of boots.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I totally agree. I own two pairs of Little's boots. Most comfortable footwear that I have.

They also make belts and wallets.
FIDO95
AG
San Antonio shoe repair:

cobbler stone oak san antonio - Bing

This guy is great! He has kept my Tony Lamas going for 8-10 years: He has replaced the soles twice and heels as needed. I've always been really happy with his workmanship.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgCWby90CS
AG
Picked up my boots yesterday. Only took 2 weeks. Smiley did a good job. Had soles and heels replaced and he re-did the finish.
CWby '90
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.