Architect and builders in SA

8,442 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SW AG80
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for reaching out Patrick. I'll call you tomorrow.
BlackLab
AG
What's the typical percentage for the builders fee in a cost plus contract?
aggiejumper
AG
In residential it's much greater than commercial. I'd guess >20% including overhead and general conditions.
RoadkillBBQ
BlackLab said:

What's the typical percentage for the builders fee in a cost plus contract?

Anywhere from 10 - 25%
billyjack2009
ttt

We've got a contract on a lot in Mystic Shores. Reload, have you started your build process?
Reload8098
AG
billyjack2009 said:

ttt

We've got a contract on a lot in Mystic Shores. Reload, have you started your build process?

No, we just renewed our lease because it's a great deal (better than a mortgage) and my real estate rep believes construction prices will drop in '22.
billyjack2009
We're finding the site is too sloped for our budget. Would require a 10-15 ft foundation on one side. This is a whole new world for us Houstonians.
Reload8098
AG
billyjack2009 said:

We're finding the site is too sloped for our budget. Would require a 10-15 ft foundation on one side. This is a whole new world for us Houstonians.
Hey man, we had a 5,000 sq ft house in Knoxville and while our address was the city of Knoxville, we lived in the county. Total taxes were $2,400! We bought the house for $500k and sold it for $675k three years later. $135 a foot isn't going to happen here.

My boss bought a lot in M Shores and just sold it for that very reason. That and the crazy construction prices.

We're renting a 3,800 sq ft. house in Alamo Ranch for $2,500/month. 3 car garage, 5 bed rooms/4 full baths on 1/2 acre. Good neighbors. It's cheaper than building right now!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
billyjack2009 said:

To piggy back off this I know some reputable builders (aka highland homes/Perry homes types), that have built some spec homes near Stone Oak on similar lots with 15ft foundations. They had to install 25 piers on the downward sloping side of the foundation as extra bracing measures. Even that still made me concerned looking at em.
billyjack2009
I think we'll focus on the lots in the north side of 306 in MS. And we need a bit of soul searching on the budget/timeline.
billyjack2009
Anyone have experience with Kurk Homes?
Reload8098
AG
billyjack2009 said:

Anyone have experience with Kurk Homes?
Hey Bjack,

contact me at two one zero 55 two thirty four 65

Mark Burgess
Reload8098
AG
Anyone a builder here interested in being a partner in a flip? I bought a great lot in Vintage Oaks that I want to build and flip. Please PM if interested or you can email herrick m burgess at gmail.
SW AG80
AG
For an architect, contact Jim Cox. He is on Blanco Road. He did plans for us 2 years ago. Believe he was $1.25/foot.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.