Delia's Tamales

2,343 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by rwtxag83
babie_kreauxda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the hype is real. they are legit. although they are a little small and pricey.

my favorites were the chicken veracruzano and the bean cheese and jalapeno tamales.
Matsui
AG
They are legit.
jgh85Ag
AG
Any of the cheese varieties are good. The jalapeno/cheese is a favorite.

I knew they would be great fresh when coworkers would mail order them the last few years and even reheated from frozen, they were really good.
NastyNate
I had the spicy pork tamale on Christmas Eve and it was pretty damn good. My go-to is the bean and cheese with jalapeno
A New Hope
I went on Christmas Eve around 0715. Line was stupidly long. Not just cars trying to get into drive thru but people standing in the rain, many without umbrellas. 500 people? Who knows how long the wait was. I drove by, laughed and drove off. Some people literally have nothing better to do with their time. It's soooo easy to see why San Antonio is the fattest city in America.
jgh85Ag
AG
You couldn't have gotten anything as they were only giving out preorders the last few days.
Bluff Rat
AG
Fedup said:

I went on Christmas Eve around 0715. Line was stupidly long. Not just cars trying to get into drive thru but people standing in the rain, many without umbrellas. 500 people? Who knows how long the wait was. I drove by, laughed and drove off. Some people literally have nothing better to do with their time. It's soooo easy to see why San Antonio is the fattest city in America.
Charles Barley would agree with you 100%.
bam02
AG
Fedup said:

Tamales at Christmas is serious business around here. You gotta plan waaaaaaay ahead if you want good tamales in December without a several hour wait.
AgCWby90CS
AG
Fedup said:

Went last Wednesday morning at 7 am. Drive thru line was at least half mile long at that time. Only two people in the walk in line so I parked and stood in line. Only took 15 minutes and I got four dozen. Certainly worth a 15 minute wait.
CWby '90
jgh85Ag
AG
They don't do online orders for pickup, but you can call the day before and order.
rwtxag83
AG
Crazy long lines. I live a stone's throw away and it's just crazy, and at all hours.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
The thing that pisses me off, is that Delia's has stopped taking orders for delivery. I've been buying 20+ dozen every year for a decade, via their online ordering system. They freeze them, pack them on dry ice in styro containers, and ship them out (for an additional fee).This year? Nope, sorry, we have disabled online ordering. Welcome to Suckville, population me.

I suspect it's because of the load put on their production when they opened the San Antonio store.
oldvalleyrat
AG
Delia's has been a staple here in the Rio Grande Valley for years. I knew they would be a hit in SA when I heard they were goin to open up in SA. A little word to the wise. If you want tamales for Christmas, go in and order around Thanksgiving. I have been doing that for years here in McAllen. THEN place your order to be picked up on December 23. The line will be down the street on Christmas eve. There will be a line anyway but not nearly as long. Remember the line is long because they are GOOD!

Last year I had an order sent to my old aggie roommate....never had sent any before and it worked out well. I had them sent so he would receive them well in advance.
All organizations are perfectly aligned for the results they get.
rwtxag83
AG
I live a stone's throw away. Lines have pretty much gone (big, wrap around the corner lines anyway).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.