Opinions on far north SA, bulverde, and spring branch

5,788 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by NastyNate
aggiejumper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can you define y'all?
Shavano is great and was bound to boom bring inside 1604.
azul_rain
people and apartment developers
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
txaggie05
AG
Howdy (future) neighbor. Seems like there's going to be a nice amount of Aggies out there. Met one when we were out there looking who had just bought a lot and the agent I was working with kept pointing out lots bought by Ags and that was just in phases 1-2.
Reload8098
AG
Found a 1.1 acre lot that is almost ready to build with beautiful oak trees and it backs up to 4 acres of green space.

DW91AG95
AG
aggiejumper said:

What drew you to belle oaks over centennial ridge? Pricing isn't too far apart I don't think.

Centennial Ridge are 5 acre lots plus you have to drill your own water well.
Rattler12
Water out here in God's country is not as plentiful as one might think and it's getting worse. Especially if you have to drill your own well. Have the well drilled before you build your house. 20 gallons a minute sounds like a lot of water.....until it runs out in 20 minutes and goes to nothing and you have to wait 4 or 5 hours to replenish
Hey Nav
AG
Bulverde is great . Boerne is great.

Everything west of Boerne - hell on Earth. No adequate health care. No water. Horrible schools.

Bulverde and Boerne are near the malls, too.
bam02
AG
hedge said:

quit moving, yall effing ruined shavano

More apartments are coming.
azul_rain
Where ?
NastyNate
My wife and I purchased a lot in The Canyons at Scenic Loop in early 2020. We love the neighborhood. Will probably build in 4-5 years. Has anyone here looked there?

We are currently live in Timberwood Park and don't want to move further north and like the lot sizes (.5 to 1) and views that the Canyons offered. We looked at Belle Oaks too and liked it but it was too far north for us.
Reload8098
AG
NastyNate said:

My wife and I purchased a lot in The Canyons at Scenic Loop in early 2020. We love the neighborhood. Will probably build in 4-5 years. Has anyone here looked there?

We are currently live in Timberwood Park and don't want to move further north and like the lot sizes (.5 to 1) and views that the Canyons offered. We looked at Belle Oaks too and liked it but it was too far north for us.

Are the lots at Scenic Loop flat? I want a little land for my boy who's 3 to run around on.
If I found something I like better I think I could break even on my Belle Oaks lot.
NastyNate
Yes, they have some flat lots. The main draw out there are the views so the flat lots with no view are pretty cheap. Relatively speaking. The developer is just a handful of lots away from closing out the neighborhood but there are over a 100 being sold by the owners. The flat lots with no view run about 85-105 or so. The lots like mine that have a slight drop and view run about 125-145. Flat lots with a amazing view can run close to 200+ but they are harder to come by.

The covenants are close to what you posted about Belle Oaks. 2600 for 1-story and 2800 for 2-story. Houses in the neighborhood range from 2600 to 15,000. Most are about 4-5k sq ft though. Stone, rock or stucco exterior. HOA is $50/month which is insanely cheap. Underground water, electric and gas. No time limit to build. It takes me 5 minutes to get to I10/Boerne Stage Rd. Outside city limits so no city taxes too. We just loved the neighborhood and knew we would buy there after the 2017 Parade of Homes. Looking forward to checking out the Belle Oaks neighborhood more during the 2021 Parade of homes though.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.