Opinions on far north SA, bulverde, and spring branch

5,725 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by NastyNate
knoxtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wife wants a home in TX and I have convinced her the hill country is better than dfw.

What is the consensous on Bulverde given we have a 9 year old, I work from home, and i dont want a cookie cutter home w no yard?
SA68AG
AG
Boerne area - Fair Oaks Ranch
Picard
AG
Boerne is full. Sorry.
LCE
AG
All good. Plenty to do and only a few hours to Port A if you like the beach.
Aquin
AG
Forget Boerne, the traffic is getting to be a problem. We live in Sendero Ranch, east of 281 and south of Bulverde. It is a hill country neighborhood, meaning everyone is on 2-4 acres. There are restrictions that keep the place looking like the hill country. The homes follow that motif.

Very nice neighborhood and convenient to just about everything. Zachary is moving on quickly on the expansion of 281 so don't let that bother you. We used Dayton Schrader as our realtor. 210-757-9785.a good Ag. He will know the area better than anyone.
txaggie05
AG
We're about to build in Belle Oaks which is a little more in the middle of nowhere but technically in the Bulverde city limits. It's a little more quiet and isolated, but only about 10 min to Bulverde HEB, Home Depot, Walmart etc. on 46 and 15 min down to Whole Foods, Target, etc. at 1604/Blanco in San Antonio. Lots are all 1+ acre. We wanted to stay closer to 281 than I-10 (Boerne) as we just like the central part of town a little more and can get to the airport and downtown a little more easily.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
If you want something a little more middle of nowhere then I'd recommend Ramble Ridge. My wife's great-aunt and uncle just built out there and it's nice! Very Hill country vibe
AgPT06
AG
Budget? 281 construction finally getting finished up (until it starts again?). Hwy 46 is going to expanding to 4 lanes from Bulverde road all the way to FM 3159 over the next 3 to 5 yrs per txdot. This will help with traffic issues. Cordillera ranch is great if you have the $$. Boerne, comal, and NB schools all great if you're going public. Boerne is where I grew up and is great but as said above the traffic is becoming terrible. They didn't plan on the growth and from an infrastructure/road standpoint they are locked uo in some areas on east side of town.
valtosca
AG
I'm a Realtor and would love to help you out! I've helped several fellow Ags on here before.

Thanks,

Patrick Thompson '10
210-422-2074
Kramer
AG
Spring Branch is full. Thanks for your interest.
ags2125
Look at timberwood park. Great area and great schools.
aggiejumper
AG
I'm in Bulverde, it's growing way too fast.

Your budget and acreage desire will determine where to look. Share a range and a few posters can mention some options.
knoxtom
Thanks everyone for the info. We just had an offer accepted on a nice home with 6 acres, barn, cross fencing, and a pool. Should be wrapping it up in the next 45 days, both of us want it done by end of year.
Mr. White
"Boerne, Texas
Gone Forever"
Here4Beer
AG
Aquin said:

Forget Boerne, the traffic is getting to be a problem. We live in Sendero Ranch, east of 281 and south of Bulverde. It is a hill country neighborhood, meaning everyone is on 2-4 acres. There are restrictions that keep the place looking like the hill country. The homes follow that motif.

Very nice neighborhood and convenient to just about everything. Zachary is moving on quickly on the expansion of 281 so don't let that bother you. We used Dayton Schrader as our realtor. 210-757-9785.a good Ag. He will know the area better than anyone.

I used Dayton as well, real good guy and his team is top notch.
Humorous Username
AG
knoxtom said:

Thanks everyone for the info. We just had an offer accepted on a nice home with 6 acres, barn, cross fencing, and a pool. Should be wrapping it up in the next 45 days, both of us want it done by end of year.

Out of pure ignorance on the subject, what does one usually do with a barn on less than 40 acres?

Storage? Cool workshop?
AgPT06
AG
Same thing you do for >40 acres. 6 acres isn't a working ranch, but you still need a little bit of equipment to maintain, its plenty space for a horse or maybe 4H animals that require feed and equipment. Doubt he's talking about thousands of sq ft with a hay loft and silo.
knoxtom
Regarding the barn, previous owner had mini horses. I will use it to store the rv, lawn stuff, and toys. I told my wife no horses.
SW AG80
AG
knoxtom said:

Regarding the barn, previous owner had mini horses. I will use it to store the rv, lawn stuff, and toys. I told my wife no horses.
Are you north of 306 towards Blanco?
AgsMyDude
AG
ags2125 said:

2nd TWP. Excellent community.
knoxtom
We backed out. House had roof and drainage issues
_mpaul
AG
Aquin said:

I love Sendero Ranch. We looked at homes there about 3-4 years ago but never pulled the trigger.
_mpaul
AG
AgsMyDude said:

ags2125 said:

2nd TWP. Excellent community.
3d TWP. We moved here 18 years ago. Every time we decide we want to look at moving further out, staying outweighs moving. The park is amazing for what we paying in HOA fees. Probably the biggest reason we didn't move to Sendero Ranch.

That said, Comal County taxes are appealing compared to Bexar County, and I really like River Crossing and Rim Rock.
Rattler12
Kramer said:

This...^
bam02
AG
Rattler12 said:

Kramer said:

This...^

One of the lamest jokes on texags. Maybe spring branch is just full of unoriginal people.
Rattler12
bam02 said:

Rattler12 said:

Kramer said:

This...^

One of the lamest jokes on texags. Maybe spring branch is just full of unoriginal people.
There's lots of originals here. Some are on land that's been in the family for 175 years. They lament the influx of " unoriginal foreigners" of late most every morning down at the morning kafe klatch meetings. Just ask them......
DGAG92
AG
bam02 said:

Rattler12 said:

Kramer said:

This...^

No, we're getting tired of the influx of outsiders coming in trying to "change" things. We're good, I hear Houston is hiring.......
bam02
AG
Bread8-Ag92 said:

bam02 said:

Rattler12 said:

Kramer said:

This...^

No, we're getting tired of the influx of outsiders coming in trying to "change" things. We're good, I hear Houston is hiring.......

And you were born and raised in spring branch? You're family has been there forever?
DGAG92
AG
bam02 said:

Bread8-Ag92 said:

bam02 said:

Rattler12 said:

Kramer said:

This...^

And you were born and raised in spring branch? You're family has been there forever?

Yeah.
Rattler12
Bread8-Ag92 said:

bam02 said:

Bread8-Ag92 said:

bam02 said:

Rattler12 said:

Kramer said:

This...^

Yeah.
That quiet sound you hear is air being let out of somebodies' balloon.....
f2foxes2001
AG
Castle hills. Proximity. Appreciation close to town. Value.
bam02
AG
Rattler12 said:

Bread8-Ag92 said:

bam02 said:

Bread8-Ag92 said:

bam02 said:

Rattler12 said:

Kramer said:

This...^

Yeah.
That quiet sound you hear is air being let out of somebodies' balloon.....

And the forever part?

Look I have no desire to live there myself. I see the appeal of it and would certainly understand the angst of seeing a place your family has lived in for generations become swallowed up by the growing city nearby, but it is what it is. Someone in your family settled there at some point because they loved something about it. That's all anyone today is doing, even if they're moving to a half acre mcmansion. Tough *****
Reload8098
AG
Just bought a lot in Belle Oaks (Bulverde) I think its going to be a great subdivision. Lot size range from 1 to 1.5 acres. If you want more info send me a PM. We've done a lot of looking and love this development. Must be a minimum of 2,800 single story or 3,200 sq ft. for a 2 story.

aggiejumper
AG
What drew you to belle oaks over centennial ridge? Pricing isn't too far apart I don't think.
azul_rain
quit moving, yall effing ruined shavano
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.