Chinese food recommendations IVO Bitters & Blanco?

2,595 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bluff Rat
TomDoss91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Checking for favorite takeout for Chinese in the Bitters & Blanco vicinity. Happy going to Thai Chili in Stone Oak for Thai (like it better than Thai Hut). Just haven't found a place that the family consistently likes for Chinese. Chin's Garden is sometimes great and other times disappointing.
BrazosBull
AG
Phoenix.... Blanco @ West. Been around for a long time because they are very good. At least we think so.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Taste of Asia at Blanco and West.
TomDoss91
AG
Appreciate the input. Will have to try them both.
MookieBlaylock
AG
TAste of Asia is ok for chinese but their Pho is the best in the city

TomDoss91
AG
After thinking about it, I want to say I went to Taste of Asia once around 15-20 years ago when I lived in another part of town and never made it back. It is the one in the same shopping center with the Dry Cleaners on one corner and (currently) the Sushi place on the other. I actually liked the German place that was there for a bit.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yes TAste of Asianor Pho Kin Li
Is next to shades of love in that Center

Spring rolls the bomb
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

TAste of Asia is ok for chinese but their Pho is the best in the city

I rarely order off their Chinese menu because the pho is too damn good to pass up, but when we do, it is solid in my book.
Pendragon12
AG
Yeah - Taste of Asia pho is aaaamaaaazing.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Had Taste of Asia tonight Spring Rolls perfection and damn ithe Lemon Chicken is their best dish on the chinese side

bam02
AG
We had takeout from Chin's Garden (Huebner and Bitters) and everyone said their meal was great. My kung pao beef was outstanding.
AgCWby90CS
AG
TomDoss91 said:

After thinking about it, I want to say I went to Taste of Asia once around 15-20 years ago when I lived in another part of town and never made it back. It is the one in the same shopping center with the Dry Cleaners on one corner and (currently) the Sushi place on the other. I actually liked the German place that was there for a bit.
Corner of Bitters and West Avenue.

There's also Beijing Express on Embassy near Bitters.
CWby '90
TomDoss91
AG
Had Kung Pao from Phoenix this weekend. The main meal was really good. Enough for 3 meals. Was disappointed in the Hot & Sour soup. Was more like flavored water. Not much to it. My wife tossed her leftover Egg Drop Soug....it had fully congealed into pudding....but...she loved her Lemon Chicken and (again) there was lots of it.

Still need to go to Taste of Asia and get some Pho.

A neighbor mentioned China Inn off NW Military a little north of West Ave. Anyone been there?
dg77ag
AG
China Inn is our go to for chinese, was originally recommended to us by someone who taught chinese cooking locally.
UnderoosAg
AG
Lucky Noodle is at Blanco and West. It's not the typical fill in the blank chicken and fried rice, but everything we've had there has been really good.
The Lurker
AG
I love Thai Hut. If you haven't tried Sushihana yet its worth driving south to Castle Hills.
SoTxAg
AG
We've gotten Chin's and Thai Hut before and no complaints.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Sushihana is Japanese

You trying to start another war?
The Lurker
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Sushihana is Japanese

You trying to start another war?
superunknown
AG
BrazosBull said:

Phoenix.... Blanco @ West. Been around for a long time because they are very good. At least we think so.

I really liked Phoenix too.
mjfrog
AG
Taste of Asia Pho. Yup P22 and P28 for the best soup meal or rice meals respectively. I think on the P22, you get quality white meat chicken, plus bean sprouts, big chunks of basil, fresh cilantro and jalapeno, and perhaps one more veggie item I can't think of right now. Best food, bar none, if you have a cold or (cough* COVID).
chadclay
AG
If you are willing to go a little further west and like spicy more authentic Chinese food, we are fans of Sichuan Garden at NW Military and Lockhill Selma.
A New Hope
Kung fu noodle and lucky noodle both make good dumplings and soups with handmade noodles. Only place in town I believe that does it, one location is at west ave and Blanco and the other is off bandera/Huebner area.

I used to eat at Phoenix but I think their ingredient quality isn't good so final product is always unimpressive. Sichuan off Evers gets good reviews but I don't eat there because I don't like spicy food.

Finally, Thai Dee off Blanco/Vance Jackson area is pretty good despite parking lot and strip center being pretty scary.
Captain Pablo
AG
Ttt

Will be in SA in a couple weeks and didn't want this to fall off p.1 by some chance
Enzo The Baker
AG
I 2nd Lucky Noodle if you want the non-American Chinese food. It's legit Chinese noodles. Braised beef noodles and smacked cucumbers on the side is the way to go. They offer a good takeout setup, but I will say it does taste notably better in-restaurant.
Goodnight Irene
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I 2nd Lucky Noodle if you want the non-American Chinese food. It's legit Chinese noodles. Braised beef noodles and smacked cucumbers on the side is the way to go. They offer a good takeout setup, but I will say it does taste notably better in-restaurant.

One of the ministers at my church spent several years in China as a missionary and said lucky noodle is the closest he's had to authentic Chinese food in San Antonio. He took me there and recommended the brisket (haha not like Texas style) soup and noodles. I liked it. They evidently hand pull all their noodles
Bluff Rat
AG
Borgfeld Bistro has some pretty good Chinese food if you're in the Canyon Springs area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.