Landscaper Recs

2,757 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aquin
NastyNate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have any recs for a landscaper. We want to do some minor landscaping (several Plants/Shrubs) and probably have some sod put down at some point. If it matters, I'm in Stone Oak.
The Dog Lord
AG
Same here. Looking to clean up some bushes and clean out leaves and old mulch from beds. I also have a lot of old branches and vines that have been trimmed that need to be put in a chipper or hauled off. There's too much to get rid of it through the green organic can.

Also, any recommendations for tree trimmers?
TXAggie4Christ
AG
Howdy. I'm a realtor in the SA area. You can give Damian with Blue Lacy landscaping A try. He's at (210) 379-5609

BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
San Antonio Tree and Landscaping.
210-425-7566

Neighbor sent them my way after having some trees cut down and removed. Very reasonable price and great job. Tell them your friend in Helotes sent you.

Since then, I've used them for more tree removal (diseased huisache trees), spring cleanup, mulch removal and replacement, flower bed siding, backyard landscaping rocks and sand pit placement, etc.

Each time I hire them, I love the price and think of more jobs that I need done. These guys work hard and are dependable. These are the guys that answer "yes" when you ask if they can do "_____" for you.

Had them lay driveway base gravel at property in Pipe Creek, and trim trees. I was not there during the second dump truck delivery, but the driver backed into and busted my gate post, and the landscaping crew threw together a makeshift post and attached the gate for me - no charge or complaints. Was in need of newer gate install, but their work made it no longer an emergency.
The Dog Lord
AG
Can you confirm if San Antonio Landscaping, Tree, & Lawn is the same company you recommended? Searching for the phone number didn't produce a match, but this company's name seemed the closest.

http://www.landscapingsanantonio.net/
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Definitely not them. I don't imagine this crew having a website. But I still recommend. Give them a call and if apprehensive, start with smaller job and see how you like the price and work done- then move forward from there.
The Dog Lord
AG
BennyBlancoFromTheBright said:

Definitely not them. I don't imagine this crew having a website. But I still recommend. Give them a call and if apprehensive, start with smaller job and see how you like the price and work done- then move forward from there.
Thanks!
Aquin
AG
I followed your recommendation of Blue Lacy Landscaping and was very pleased. After the freeze, we lost many trees and bushes and wanted to replace them. To my surprise, they actually dug out all the dead trees and bushes before planting the new selections. We expanded the scope of their work and had them resod the backyard. They were professional and very easy to work with. Their crew was excellent. I appreciate your recommendation and would urge others to consider Blue Lacy.
NastyNate
That is surprising. My experience with them was terrible. They never showed up on the day/time that we agreed on. They said their phones were having issues but I'm not sure what that has to do with not showing up. It took multiple attempts just to get them out to our house. When they finally did make it out, they were as unhelpful as they possibly could have been. They had no idea what certain types of plants and shrubs were and seemed basically aloof. When I finally received the quote, it was wrong. When we finally received the corrected quote, it was twice as much as other quotes we received. Nothing they showed us at that point made us think that their premium on services was worth it. Needless to say I did not go with them.
Aquin
AG
Well, we're you nasty, Nate?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.