SA School District School Year

1,754 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Douph
Douph
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just asking if anyone has heard any chatter what the local ISD's will be doing for the remainder of the semester. Are they still working towards a return to the classroom?
tx1c
AG
My wife teaches at Northside.

She thinks they are done for the school year. But that they won't announce it so that the students won't lose all motivation to do anything.
bam02
AG
My wife also teaches for nisd. No inside info but neither of us believe there is any chance kids go back this year.
SoTxAg
AG
My wife's with Boerne Isd, they are getting the same feeling that it will be online classes till August.
Snowball
AG
I teach in Comal ISD. Personally, There's no reasonable way to get 40% of our students to school due to bussing and social distancing.

Gov. Abbott is talking about it in his Friday conference at noon. Expected to make an annoucement about the rest of the year.
Burdizzo
AG
My kids are Alamo Heights. They haven't said anything, but the feeling around the neighborhood is we are done for the school year too.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Abbott's noon announcement tomorrow my be bumped back to 2 p.m.

As of 3 p.m. today, he hadn't informed the TEA commissioner of his decision.

The consensus is that he'll announce no return this spring but naturally, campuses will have to provide distance learning for the next month and a half.

My dark horse guess is that he'll defer back to the school districts to make the decision whether to reopen a local one.
GinaLinetti
AG
NISD here. I don't think we are going back this year. Logistically impossible to social distance in the school setting. No district wants to be the one to reopen then have a breakout in the schools. My school is in the med center area. Lots of essential employees who have kids that attwnd our campus. I know of 4 comnfirmed cases from parents in pre k alone.
Douph
Gov announces schools closed remainder school year
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.