Landscaping Recs for acreage

1,932 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SMeyer11
BlackLab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need a recommendation for help mowing 1.5 acres and possibly some light brush or cedar removal. Anyone have any?
Beckdiesel03
AG
Brogan Construction could probably handle it. I know skyline landscaping out of NB could definitely do the clearing and the landscaping as well.
BrazosBull
AG
What part of town ?
BlackLab
AG
NW/Boerne
Kramer
AG
Along those same lines, I have about a .5 acre backyard that's flat but hill country to the max: big rocks, cedar, cactus. I can't get anywhere near running any kind of mower over it. Is there no hope for getting this cleaned up and usable? I don't mean golf course smooth or anything. Just mowable. And how much does something like that run?
"The only happy Aggie is an unhappy Aggie." Shelby Metcalf
gwellis
AG
Kramer said:

Along those same lines, I have about a .5 acre backyard that's flat but hill country to the max: big rocks, cedar, cactus. I can't get anywhere near running any kind of mower over it. Is there no hope for getting this cleaned up and usable? I don't mean golf course smooth or anything. Just mowable. And how much does something like that run?
A bobcat service will typically charge in the $500-600 range for a day of work. Any topsoil, and or haul-off would be extra of course.
Gil '91
Pendragon12
AG
gwellis said:

Kramer said:

A bobcat service will typically charge in the $500-600 range for a day of work. Any topsoil, and or haul-off would be extra of course.
How would I go about hiring that out? I'm in the same boat, not super flat but not ridiculous, tons of rocks, weeds, railroad ties, etc. that just all need to be cleaned up. I've been struggling to find someone to hire that could clear it all up and get it back to a least somewhat manageable.
Beckdiesel03
AG
We recently hired a contractor to move rock, smooth the backyard down etc for the model home for the company I work for. He bid us $5k for bobcat work in the backyard,, trimming trees front and back and putting landscaping in the front in existing beds and also mulching all the existing beds which is like 15 yards of mulch. I would not hire them and he didn't end up completing the work. If you want to know who not to hire i can let you know that in an email to my handle at yahoo.
Maverick06
AG
I have a good friend that is semi retired and runs a bobcat all over San Antonio area doing this type of thing. He is very reasonable on price. I can give you his number if you want. Son lives in Seguin and father lives in Boerne. Son sets up jobs and dad runs bobcat. Just a small side gig they have going.
Kramer
AG
I'd love to have the number. Email in profile
"The only happy Aggie is an unhappy Aggie." Shelby Metcalf
Maverick06
AG
Sent.
Pendragon12
AG
If you could PM the number, I would greatly appreciate it.
A1_Ag_95
AG
Interested as well. Please PM. Thx!!

BlackLab
AG
So any Recs on mowing a large acre lot?
PFG
AG
1 goat.
Maverick06
AG
Can't PM you for some reason. Send me a PM and I'll reply.

If anyone else would like contact info, I'll be happy to share.
SMeyer11
AG
I work at ABC Home and Commercial Services. We have a lawn division that can do all the above from clearing, to mowing acreage, and landscaping.

Our landscape designer/arborist is a good Aggie and I would be happy to have him come take a look if you are interested. Feel free to reach out smeyer@goanteater.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.