Need a shop built near Rio Medina

2,384 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BrazosDog02
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm interested in getting in touch with someone that can discuss and price building a shop for me (pole barn). I'm looking for a relatively basic metal building with a slab. I need a place to park and work on equipment. Are there any folks that have any recommendations for people near Rio Medina?
BrazosDog02
AG
Well hell, anyone got a brother who knows a cousin that knows a guy?
aggiejim70
AG
Call Robert Witte at Prime Source 210 771 7677. Tell him Aggiejim recommended him and ask him about his nephew in the Corps.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
wadd96
AG
Contact Carl Patteson at 210-535-5269. Carl Patteson Construction Tell him that his cousin Travis sent you.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Allen76
AG
I used this guy in 1986 to build a barn for me in Rio Medina. He did a great job. I have no idea if his product is still as good. I don't know if it says this, but the "WD" stands for Wayne Divin.

http://www.wdmb.com/
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
Wayne and Carl have a great rep and product, but include Jason Stewart in your quotes.

Does mostly commercial but did a fantastic job on my pole barn with slab. (830) 570-4001

Not that it will matter, but tell him Francis from Poteet referred you
BrazosDog02
AG
I'm going to call these guys tomorrow. Plans changed a little. Still need a shop built but priority is now pouring slabs inside existing barns and another slab outside that I have a disassembled 22'x22' metal building that needs to be erected. I just can't do the job alone and someone with a welder and a crew can put it up in half a day. Took 3 of us 1.5 days to get it down.
BrazosDog02
AG
TTT...because I can never find this thread when I need to find this thread.
BrazosDog02
AG
Looks like we'll be pouring slabs ourselves. With our knowledge and a little YouTube, should be good. I called so many people out to get quote on several small concrete pours and a shop. Haven't had a single one actually return a quote. Several "lost the measurements".

Looks like we're going to pour slabs ourself and the 60x50 shop will be given to Mueller from ground up.
Roger That
AG
If you don't mind, what kind of $/sf?
BrazosDog02
AG
Roger That said:

If you don't mind, what kind of $/sf?
I dunno. No one was able to give any numbers on the spot, which tells me they don't know the work they are doing, and no one gave any formal quotes. I got a $9/square foot on concrete from one guy, but he never really laid out a scope of work or produced any semblance of a plan. If we are going with 'seat of the pants' and 'pay up front', I'll just call the readymix dude myself and form up my own projects from now on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.