Vintage Oaks

2,564 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ragoo
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone live in Vintage Oaks here?

Thoughts on the neighborhood, and who was your builder?

Would you do it again?
2ManchuAg
AG
One of the Land Consultants here. If you haven't talked with one of us before, I'd love to offer any assistance.
SquirrellyDan
AG
We looked at it and really liked it, was just a bit too far from everything for us. We ended up in Havenwood because of the easy access to 35.
ForeverAg
AG
PrimeTime09 said:

We looked at it and really liked it, was just a bit too far from everything for us. We ended up in Havenwood because of the easy access to 35.
Thats the other neighborhood we are weighing in on. We are just waiting for the right lot there, then we checked out Vintage Oaks.

How have you liked Havenwood so far?

agdoc2001
AG
Just built in River Chase.

I looked at Vintage Oaks, but just felt it was a little too far down 46 where traffic is gradually worsening. Eventually I'm sure the area will be built up that way, but might be another 5-10 years down the line. Some issues with schools in the neighborhoods down 46 as well. Some of the nice neighborhoods matriculate to fairly lousy elementary schools.

Narrowed it down to Havenwood and River Chase. I liked Havenwood, but it was hard to find anything decent over an acre. There was also something like a minimum $20,000 requirement that has to be spent on landscaping when you build there. That was 20k that could go into the house rather than some rocks in the ditch in front of the house.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SquirrellyDan
AG
ForeverAg said:

PrimeTime09 said:

Thats the other neighborhood we are weighing in on. We are just waiting for the right lot there, then we checked out Vintage Oaks.

How have you liked Havenwood so far?

Haven't built yet...planning on next summer.
mtony77
AG
River Place or River Forest
PFG
AG
Building in Doehne Oaks right now. Might be further down 46 than you want. And more acreage. Couple lots left in the 5-6 acre range.

Ag exemption [cattle] and a lax set of building restrictions. [Houses won't look all the same - hooray!]. Smithson Valley schools.
AggieJames09
AG
We bought a lot in Vintage last August and plan on building end of next year. We like the area and community a lot, excited to move out there
dead zip 01
AG
Seems like lots of people who move there are moving into the area from other cities or states and like the idea of living "in the hill country" but haven't ever lived outside of the city limits before.

I have heard from more than one person that it gets really old driving back and fourth to town a couple of times a day especially with kids who have school, sports, etc...

Most of the neighborhood is in Comal isd which means lots of driving driving because the kids are going to school in Bulverde to the west but most of your daily running around is in New Braunfels to the east.

They are about to start working on another neighborhood entrance that opens onto 2722 so that might help a little for some people who live way in the back. Unfortunately, 46 between Boerne and NB is already getting congested and will be getting exponentially worse every year.

Not trying to be overly negative about it, I'm sure it's nice and that most people enjoy living there. Just passing along what I've heard from friends.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Everything I've heard is about the exact same as what Deadzip mentioned. If you have a kid at elementary and another in a MDO preshool in NB your going to be driving back and forth all morning. Then again in the afternoon. Our friends love the area but we know quite a few that sold their lots or their homes after a short bit when they realied just how much driving and time it was going to be
PFG
AG
Quote:

but we know quite a few that sold their lots or their homes after a short bit when they realied just how much driving and time it was going to be

This is interesting to me. Did these people who sold their lots and houses never live in a big city?

Vintage Oaks is 15 min MAX from 46/loop with HEB, liquor store, etc etc. When we lived in Houston and SA, I would have loved to have a 15 min drive to the store. And we are talking 15 min in local traffic and stop lights. Not highway driving, no rush hour traffic, no bumper to bumper mess if someone texts and wrecks.

I find the drive down 46 to be quite relaxing and I lol to myself when I hear people say "46 traffic is getting soooo bad!". No, no it isn't. NB is getting busier, there are more cars, but by no means is there real traffic here. Not unless you want to count all the cluster around the rivers/Schlitterbahn.

Vintage Oaks to downtown NB is 22 min depending on how you hit the lights on 46-Walnut-San Antonio St and if you hit a train or not (damn trains). But again - we are talking stopping for a stop light or 3, not merging onto 1604 and getting stuck in that kind of disaster.

I don't get the "whoa is me"-ing about a few extra mins drive when you made a choice to live outside of town. Head scratcher.
TXMUSIC
We rented in River Chase while we built in Havenwood. There is no 20K mandatory landscaping clause. We chose it over Vintage Oaks because of its proximity to 35.
FIDO*98*
AG
Do you have kids? If I had it to do over, we'd have found somewhere in New Braunfels ISD. (We live in River Place)
Beckdiesel03
AG
Why the change to NBISD just out of curiosity
FIDO*98*
AG
Mainly due to the middle and high school. Hoffman Lane was incredible, Churchill Middle School was much better last year than our first 2 with the new principal, but, Canyon High is a cluster F and a half. Our oldest is a freshman and we opted for Canyon Lake which is 18 miles away just to avoid Canyon.

Our younger boy is in 6th and was Spanish Immersion so he is going to Churchill now. He'll follow older bro and go to Canyon Lake as well. If not for the Spanish program, we'd have likely opted for Mountain Valley
Ragoo
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Mainly due to the middle and high school. Hoffman Lane was incredible, Churchill Middle School was much better last year than our first 2 with the new principal, but, Canyon High is a cluster F and a half. Our oldest is a freshman and we opted for Canyon Lake which is 18 miles away just to avoid Canyon.

Our younger boy is in 6th and was Spanish Immersion so he is going to Churchill now. He'll follow older bro and go to Canyon Lake as well. If not for the Spanish program, we'd have likely opted for Mountain Valley
i am pretty sure I told you back then that NBISD was the way to go....
Ragoo
AG
If I were moving to the area, and I wish I could one day, and I wanted to build a new house it would be on Acorn drive in the section owned by meyer-brandt.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.