Rezoning to commercial question

865 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Halconblack
Halconblack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, fianc is a residential real estate agent that has a client that found a RM-4 property that they want to turn into an office. I don't necessarily want her to go talk to the commercial arm of her brokerage because I feel that they will try and take the transaction from her (their relocation department has forced itself into transactions in the past). Is there anyone out there that could provide some advice on what to expect.? We called the planning department and They said changing the zoning should not be an issue since it's consistent with the neighborhood plan. But no promises.
v/r
Beckdiesel03
AG
In my experience have her talk to the city as planned. They aren't out to get anyone and she should get good advice. She needs to be vague and get names and info though.
agenjake
If the zoning is consistent with the neighborhood plan and there are no neighbors in opposition then it should be smooth sailing. But you never know with the neighbors.

The zoning process requires that a rezoning sign be posted at the site where the public can see it, and all neighbors within 200' are notified by mail. City staff does this to ensure that the notifications are done, I believe.

Here is a link to the application: COSA Zoning Application

There has to be a public hearing with the zoning commission, and then the recommendation goes to city council.
babie_kreauxda
AG
biggest issue with rezoning is meeting parking requirements... check into that depending on the area.
aggiejumper
AG
Hire a Brown & Ortiz to do it. Rezoning is a crapshoot, one neighbor can sink your proposal or it could be easy as others have said. I'm a commercial broker in town and can share more thoughts if you want to PM me and not I'm not trying to steal the deal.
Halconblack
AG
Thanks for everyone's comments. After looking into the rezoning on this property a little more we found it to already be a hot button issue due to the rezoning attempts and operations of the current owners. The client is going to pass because of the history.
v/r
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.