Puppy training class-NB

1,344 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieDarlin
Beckdiesel03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a small group obedience class for my lab puppy and am not having much luck in my search. I really didn't want to do PetSmart but also don't want to spend the money on private in home training when we don't need that at this point. I don't mind driving to Seguin, San Marcos or Schertz area but don't want to drive all the way into SA either. Anyone have any recs?
Burdizzo
AG
I know you said you didn't want to drive into SA, but we did Rob Cary on Bulverde Road last year. That was my first experience with dog obedience, and o really liked it. Maybe it isn't too far into SA for you.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Did they have different class times through the day? I just don't want to fight traffic and make it more of a hassle then it's worth. Were the prices reasonable? Looking today at the private ones here it was a better deal for me to send the guy off to Best Retrievers for two weeks. That's just crazy.
Burdizzo
AG
I took mine in the evenings at 8:00. No traffic coming from Alamo Heights.

Wife bought me the lessons for Christmas gift. I think 6 weeks of lessons was less than $150. It was introductory lessons on how to train your dog for the basics, but a lot of that stuff should translate to more advanced things. My only disappoinent was at the end of class I asked if he had resources for training retrieving skills, and he wasn't into that. :/

The guy that taught our class was pretty good otherwise. We had six students in the class.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Yea that's a pretty reasonable price. Thanks!
AggieDarlin
AG
Beck, this is the best way to find worthwhile trainers in your area. I just searched "78130, 25 mi radius", but you may want to adjust it. Anyone can identify as a trainer, but you'll find legitimate, educated trainers through APDT

https://apps.apdt.com/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?webcode=TrainerSearch&SearchZip=78130&SearchRadius=25&certified=1
Beckdiesel03
AG
I was hoping the AD bat signal would be seen. Thanks!
AggieDarlin
AG
You're welcome. Have fun with the pup!
Beckdiesel03
AG
I clicked that link, found exactly what I was looking for in Seguin that hadn't been coming up from google and will call them tmrw. I can't thank you enough.
AggieDarlin
AG
Excellent. Let me know how it goes, por favor
Beckdiesel03
AG
If anyone is looking, we found Thunderpaws canine solutions out of Seguin due to AggieDarlins website. It's exactly what I was looking for after doing Puppy Love with Rev's trainer out of CS many many moons ago. If your in the area and looking, I'm quite happy.
AggieDarlin
AG
Excellent news! I'm happy it's worked out...and we need a pic of the pup
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.