Front Gate at FOR

1,244 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 88planoAg
BlackLab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any info on this community...good, bad, etc. Thanks.
valtosca
AG
For the last 12 months the "Average Days on Market" in there is sitting at 174 Days with sold homes and available homes combined. The current inventory of 12 homes have been on the market for an average of 199 days.

Fair Oaks Parkway and I-10 intersection is going to be a mess until they're done with the improvements there.

Fair Oaks overall is a nice little community to live in with Boerne Schools, Fair Oaks Country Club and easy access to SA and Boerne.

Let me know if I could help in any way.

Patrick Thompson
210-422-2074
TexAgsValtosca@gmail.com
Champions Real Estate Group
88planoAg
AG
The intersection is supposed to be completed by the end of the summer. It is more out of the way for Front Gate to take an alternate route to the freeway because it is so close to the main entrance, but it is possible.

Front Gate will feed to the brand new elementary that will be completed and opened by the fall, and to the existing South Middle School. There will be a new middle school completed in 2019 that will take half of FOR, so people with those aged kids should keep an eye on where the boundary is (as bad as BMSS traffic is I think from FOR to the new one will be worse unless there are a LOT of changes to Ralph Fair). I don't know if that will impact Front Gate as a desirable location within FOR since they stay with BMSS.

FOR is its own town, with a mayor and city government. So no annexation worries from San Antonio. FOR doesn't have any commercial enterprise to speak of, so we drive to Boerne or Leon Springs for groceries and restaurants. No public pool - the main social experience within the town is the club, as the other poster mentioned. It isn't cheap but unless you have a backyard pool it is the only game in town.

LMK if you have any other questions about FOR as a whole - I don't live in Front Gate and was here before it was built.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.